Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA v Tanfoglio

Iggy42

So since my wife works for and Italian who immigrated here he was excited to learn that I am planning to buy an EAA Limited. However, he has let it be known that if it was possible he would give to me for my birthday later this month the true as released in Italy version (I believe that is the Tanfoglio Limited Custom). I was looking at the Tanfoglio website and I was wondering how far apart as far as availibity the Italian and US versions are. Here is a picture from the EAA site for the Limited post-26778-070234600 1294307047_thumb.jp

and the Tanfoglio site for the Limited Custom post-26778-084135200 1294307160_thumb.jp

I have to say appearance wise I like the Italian version much better so I was wondering if anyone knew if EAA was going to bring this one over, or is there a way to get the actual Tanfoglio version as pictured, without having to have it done as a custom job (the slide cuts and finish notably)

Edited by Iggy42

All I see is the color,, but from past experience, EAA's websight's pictures dont match the guns they deliver, So there is really no telling what will actually show up at your local dealer when you order one. It's a shame guns just on the verge of greatness are distributed here by such a sorry company.

The complaints about EAA have been going on for years. I can't imagine what kind of deal Tanfo has with them that they manage to continue frustrating their customer base, yet reamin as the sole supplier/importer for these guns. Its a shame.

Probably they sell enough of the standard and quite inexpensive Tanfoglios that we are just a noisy drop in the bucket.

I believe that the model on the left is the Limited HC as it was sold until about 3 years ago and after that it was replaced with the model with the slots in the slide........I think that the model on the left is no longer available here in Europe.

It's still available just ask your distributor it's called the limited custom in chrome, the dark one is called the limited custom II and only available in was is called Gunkote apparently better then the chrome in term of protecting the gun....

Ok so if I was to order one today from EAA what would I get? The stainless steel version or the Gunkote version with the slide cuts?

I guess a better way to put it is, does anyone have any pics of what is shipping now?

Edited by Iggy42

nd therein lies the problem,,, no way to know until you get it, I am still pissed they changed to all light rail guns on the standard witness, without any mention anywhere or updating the picture on the websight, Nothing like getting a gun without a single holster in existance that will fit it. With a light rail I hate,, no more Eaa for me, love the guns but until they get a decent US distributer, I'd rather shoot my 58 remington.

It's still available just ask your distributor it's called the limited custom in chrome, the dark one is called the limited custom II and only available in was is called Gunkote apparently better then the chrome in term of protecting the gun....

the gunkote in my experience does offer some protection from rust,...etc. BUt it also wears very quickly in the higher contact areas, ...that being it is more noticeable where the wear areas are on the pistol.

Hey Mo not sure if you have a Gunkote gun?? But I was just going from what I have read....also to have the witness II (2) you don't get to chose, same for the Eric version again you also don't get to chose.

Iggy As far as what you would get....I don't know, all I know is what is available from the Canadian distributor.....

Edited by dansy

Hey Mo not sure if you have a Gunkote gun?? But I was just going from what I have read....also to have the witness II (2) you don't get to chose, same for the Eric version again you also don't get to chose.

Iggy As far as what you would get....I don't know, all I know is what is available from the Canadian distributor.....

yep,..I have 1 stock 2 silver/chrome finish,....and also 1 stock 2 gunkote 9mm.

About the only thing holding me back from buying a Tanfoglio is that they don't import some of the models I'd be interested in and the frustrations I've experienced in dealing with EAA regarding my father's Tanfoglio. They are the worst importer in the U.S. God knows why they have the exclusive deal with Tanfoglio but that alone keeps me from them and would drive me toward a CZ, since CZ is known to have great support.