Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Those darn ICORE guys

The Antichrome

The local ICORE guys decided to let the non-revo guys play in their club match.

We downloaded our mags and shot their 6 round neutral stages.

ICORE scoring rewards accuracy, and I got lots of reload practice. A neat change of pace.

I havent seen scores yet, but I'm pretty sure Bubber kicked our butts;-)

We've invited the "botton feeders" to our icore matches but no one ever seems to show up.. you'd think with the # of shooters we have, more shooting = more fun.. but I guess not. *shrug*.. Single stack shooters would fit right in... lots of reloading, etc..

id shoot an icore match if there was a "BF" division, haha. i used to shooting 8 and reloading anyway, whats a couple lesss rounds per mag? heck itd make my relaods easier bc the mag would have more room to collapse the new springs i have in them, :roflol:

I asked Waltemitty many times if he would let me do that and he always turned me down. I finally got my ancient Taurus out and went and shot a match. I'm hooked now. ICORE is a different challenge. Revolver is the funnest division in USPSA.

The local ICORE guys decided to let the non-revo guys play in their club match.

We downloaded our mags and shot their 6 round neutral stages.

ICORE scoring rewards accuracy, and I got lots of reload practice. A neat change of pace.

I havent seen scores yet, but I'm pretty sure Bubber kicked our butts;-)

I am not sure who took it. After driving 3 hours then set up the stages I almost went home as I was under the weather. But Rick was in bad shape just as I was. We stuck it out for the match, then we died...I think.. It was fun even being sick and I am glad there was a decent turn out Autos and All. Roger Reid may have taken it. I watched Fred shoot and harrased him enough he could not do well. :devil: Thanx Tontitown and Ozark Shooters, Later rdd

Easy to get hooked on ICore. All that work shouldn't be fun but show up and you have a blast. Our local ICore guy likes to set up 40+ steel targets on one course of fire. 3 texas stars, 1 6 plate rack & lots of steel challenge plates. I know he racks his brain for new course designs, he even went to the galapagos islands to observe iguanas that swim, hoping to be inspired by pacific visions in order to confound us BFer's. FUN.

Hmm, how about an all steel stage that includes 3 plate racks, 2 polish plate racks, 2 texas stars, and 2 racks of "5 cowboys in a row" in addition to any other kind of popper, USP, CSS.. :) I think I'll have to come up with this evil stage locally this summer :D

Eesh.. that would mean 56 rounds minimum... (one plate rack is 8, the other two are 6 each). I may have to black out a few plates, that will lower round count but also make things a bit more interesting...

Edited by sargenv

We've invited the "botton feeders" to our icore matches but no one ever seems to show up.. you'd think with the # of shooters we have, more shooting = more fun.. but I guess not. *shrug*.. Single stack shooters would fit right in... lots of reloading, etc..

Yeah, but then you would still be shooting with "those Darn ICORE Guys"! :)