Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sports Shooting USA Arcade

This game really is fun to play! Took the kids down to Skate King and they had one unit tucked in the back corner of the facility. The gun looks surprisingly real and the fiber optic red dot works well! It simulated IPSC type shooting courses that focus on Marksmanship, Precision or Speed. It was designed in 2003 and released by SEGA. Do you guys remember playing this game?

http://www.segaarcade.com/archive/sportsshooting.aspx

I wish they had a Kinect version for the XBOX!

cabinet.jpg

here are two video "trailers" of the gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJmvlnQAxsA

Edited by robot

This game really is fun to play! Took the kids down to Skate King and they had one unit tucked in the back corner of the facility. The gun looks surprisingly real and the fiber optic red dot works well! It simulated IPSC type shooting courses that focus on Marksmanship, Precision or Speed. It was designed in 2003 and released by SEGA. Do you guys remember playing this game?

http://www.segaarcade.com/archive/sportsshooting.aspx

I wish they had a Kinect version for the XBOX!

cabinet.jpg

here are two video "trailers" of the gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJmvlnQAxsA

I caught that game at Bosselmans Truck Stop in Grand Island, Nebraska this Thanksgiving time frame. The scope was out of calibration, but still good fun. I think there's another tread about this game if you search around. No word on if they will make it available for newer game platforms. I've been playing Wii Dangerous Game Hunter since Christmas :)

One for sale on ebay in glendale for $520:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sports-Shooting-USA-dedicated-cabinet-very-nice_W0QQitemZ350427520346QQcategoryZ13716QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D390259767879%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6091406387503138829#ht_1445wt_1141

Talk about the future of dryfire.... STI airsoft guns combined with a Kinect and a simulator.... That would seriously be amazing

Edited by J-Hon

OMG!! I need to sell something to buy that!!

That's nuts because I was just thinking about this game the other day. I played it for literally a whole day one time (the machine was messed up so 1 quarter gave you 8 or so credits). I was 15 at the time and had never heard of USPSA. It was fun as hell.

• 3 weeks later...

I found one of these at the local Bass Pro Shops a few months ago. I think I spent $10 the first time I played it. I'd love to have one, but I do think it would get old after awhile.

I just got a game called "Reload" for the Nintendo Wii. It has some interesting shooting scenarios and some USPSA type targets on some stages. It's been pretty addictive since I haven't been making it to the range. For $20 it's well worth it.

It's surprising to me, but light gun video games have never been popular enough for companies to make them, which is why platforms like Xbox 360 don't have them. Really sad...especially if you don't have enough time / money for real shooting.

I like the Kinext/Airsoft suggestions. One can only dream.

Edited by SeaTact

I haven't stumbled across one of these USPSA arcade games, bit I've heard they're pretty fun.

As for which shooting-related video game I'd buy if I won a lottery...

The PRISim System.

(check out teh Training Products tab)

I've had a few chances to play on these and I would love to have one in a basement game room for parties.

:D

Also cool!

Those good folks at American Shooters in Las Vegas (the ones who graciously received and stores ammo for USPSA Nationals competitors the last two years) have one of the updated PRISim systems. BOZ and I got a tour and demo by Ray Witham when we were there last year. Their updated system allows live-fire training like the link you posted.

I think one of the coolest things they do is training with LV Metro PD's bicycle cops. They pedal around the block at full speed, come sliding through a side door, dismount and engage the scenario presented with duty arms and ammo. It's about as good a simulation of an on-the-job situation as you can get without taking incoming fire.

I found one of these at the local Bass Pro Shops a few months ago. I think I spent $10 the first time I played it. I'd love to have one, but I do think it would get old after awhile.

My boys love that game. Last time we were there, the triggers in one of the guns was broken. I'd love to have one at the house.