Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 CMMG Midwest 3-Gun Championships

I think they were posted to get the basic info out but will probably be modified before the match. Hope so as I planned to shoot a red dot on my

Tac rifle.

Craig

Boy oh Boy,

Thats all I can say,

Jay

At my age and with the onset of cataracts, I am having some issues with distant targets and irons. If it's sunny, it's not as bad, but cloudy days really make it tough as the front sight looks distorted. Much less see the target. Irritating as I enjoy shooting the irons.

Craig

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At my age and with the onset of cataracts, I am having some issues with distant targets and irons. If it's sunny, it's not as bad, but cloudy days really make it tough as the front sight looks distorted. Much less see the target. Irritating as I enjoy shooting the irons.

Craig

Craig,

Just giving you a poke with a stick.

Jay

• 3 weeks later...

No,we are not a part of the 3-Gun Nation shoot off but we are a part of the 3 Gun National Points Series.

Rules will be posted in the next week or so. Sorry it has taken a while to get confirms out, our computer guy has been working 6 days a week at his regular jop and is trying to catch up.

WE STILL HAVE SLOTS FOR THIS MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Ken

Edited by Flood

CMMG is not listed on the 3 Gun Nation website as a point series match. Has it just not been updated yet?

Thank you

The 3 Gun Nation site is getting much better but it still doesn't get the updates us shooters would like as fast as we would like. That's the beauty of the forums and facebook s websites. They are so much easier and faster to update for the non web designer guys.

CMMG is not listed on the 3 Gun Nation website as a point series match. Has it just not been updated yet?

Thank you

It is Confusing, but the devil is in the details as always.

CMMG is NOT part of the "National 3-Gun Association" or what we call 3Gun Nation: http://www.3gunnation.com/ that has their chanmpionship at the FNH match in November and has 3GN shoot-offs at some of the included matches.

They ARE part of the "3Gun National Championship Point Series": http://3gncps.com/ which is a new organization. There is a thread here on Enos to that effect.

Thank you

It is Confusing, but the devil is in the details as always.

CMMG is NOT part of the "National 3-Gun Association" or what we call 3Gun Nation: http://www.3gunnation.com/ that has their chanmpionship at the FNH match in November and has 3GN shoot-offs at some of the included matches.

They ARE part of the "3Gun National Championship Point Series": http://3gncps.com/ which is a new organization. There is a thread here on Enos to that effect.

Damn I was fooled! This is getting to be like WWE and WWF.

Probably the more questions I ask, the more confusing this is going to get, but here goes: Do the 3Gun National Championship Point Series points get included with the National 3-Gun Association or what we call 3Gun Nation?

Example: I shot Ozark and Ft. Benning in 2010 and I have 103 points on the 3Gun Nation website. I am planning on shooting CMMG. Will the CMMG points be added to my 103 points on the 3Gun Nation Website even though it is a 3Gun National Championship Point Series match?

WOW

Nope one is run by Andy horner and it's just a point series for bragging rights and one gets you into the 3 gun nation championship.

It is more than Just Andy Horner, but yes he is right, they are not connected.

Dang, I could have sworn I read somewhere that this was a 3 Gun Nation points series as one of their points, but no shoot off match. I really really wish Andy would have picked a name not quite as confusing. I would imagine there will be a few dissapointed shooters. I know I'm one of them. I'll still shoot it, but only because I'm in town for the Bianchi Cup and already bought my plane ticket, otherwise I would have passed on this one.

Just got a look at the rules. When and where is the Orientation class that as a "new" 3 Gun competitor (Well new to the Midwest, I've only been shooting three gun for 15 years) I need to take? How long is my training going to take?

Oh good call, didn't read that part when I "looked" at the rules lol Iam guessing due to the wording,if we havent been to their match we have to go. I do wonder how long it is though lol

Edited by fueddy

Those are last year's rules. In the next week or so, we should see some updates. I am sure the RDS will be addressed in Tac. Also, the rules may change to allow leaving a hot firearm when transitioning to another on a stage. I think it

will make for faster and more fun stages.

Craig

I emailed asking about RDS being allowed in irons division, and was replied to with a "yes", so it seems the rules will be manipulated some.

So, you received an email from Ken saying red dots are o.k. for tactical iron/heavy metal division? :cheers:

I may have to change divisions. The only thing that has been keeping me our of iron/heavy metal is that if I wear glasses to see the sights, I can't see the target. :surprise:

Edited by RH45

Are we there yet? Been working on Shotgun and Rifle past few weeks. Going to the outdoor range to shoot 100yrds Thursday and see which load works the best :) My buddy is starting to get his nerves going, I know I suck...but he's good lol So he expects good results.....wheresas I just don't want last lmao