Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH USA 3 Gun Championship Nov 10-12, 2011

As far as stage 1 goes, Brett's run was legit and so was the time. Brett could only shoot Wednesday. As it got darker I stopped shooting and RO'd Brett on the last 3stages he had to shoot. Stage 1 was the last stage he shot. What makes his run even more impressive is he shot the poppers from the "oil rig" with his handgun and he shot the stage under a nearly full moon!! It was well after sunset when he shot it. His time was written down correctly and the time was right, I was standing right there. He flat out smoked everybody.

That's awesome! See how all those Internet rumors and finger pointing always makes good guys look bad. Thanks for the clarification!

Give us a rundown on how he shot the entire stage if you could. It's always cool to see someone game it better than the rest of us.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ill tell you everything I remember, he ditched his shotgun in the barrel at the oil rig, he shot the rifle targets from the right side of the wall, he went 1 for 1 on the shotgun, rifle, and 303 bonus and I think he tossed maybe 1 or 2 extra shots on the handgun poppers from the oil rig. The only other thing is that terry and Ernie from FNH were there as we're 2 RO's from stage 4 and an RO from stage 9. That's about all I can remember. It was a long 9 days on the range!

No extra shots at all one for one on everything saw the entire run from a couple of steps behind the start position. I did not know what time he posted until I saw it on the board but can tell you there was nothing wasted. Shoot 8 for 8 on 303 run over shoot 2 shots each target with rifle 8 shots got 8 clays and dump take 2 steps and 8 shots with pistol cleared the poppers

Thanks to Linda, Kimberly and Karen for running a flawless stats operation. Thanks to Larry for everything being on schedule and giving us some challenging stages to shoot. Thanks to the folks at Peacemaker for making us feel at home, and for the wonderful woman that made the chicken and dumplins. Thanks to the ROs, especially all the great people w/ FNH USA that came out to work the match and Will w/ Barrett for letting us shoot 15 lbs of pure WIN. Thanks to all the great sponsors who filled five or six tables full of some of the best gear in the industry.

Congratulations to the division winners at the match and especially to the 3GN division champions.

No extra shots at all one for one on everything saw the entire run from a couple of steps behind the start position. I did not know what time he posted until I saw it on the board but can tell you there was nothing wasted. Shoot 8 for 8 on 303 run over shoot 2 shots each target with rifle 8 shots got 8 clays and dump take 2 steps and 8 shots with pistol cleared the poppers

That's pretty badass! :cheers: None of us had the stones to shoot the pistol from there.

Jesse got caught with a docter sight sewed into his weak hand. Another open benelli!

:unsure:

OK whats the storry?

There was no big controversial call on my match. I simply brought my Glock 17 with the dot on top along for $hits and grins and shot Open. I thought I would teach those Open guys (especially that Upchurch guy) a lesson about speed. I thought wrong!!! :o

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

That's pretty badass! :cheers: None of us had the stones to shoot the pistol from there.

Jesse, where are your usual great videos?

Got to shoot with Jesse and a bunch of really fast guys on Squad 15. Couldn't figure out why I felt slower than normal well, besides having a single shot shotgun for 6 stages (thanks to Rob Romero for diagnosing the problem) then I realized that 8 or 9 of them were in the top 64 (actually 46 due to no shows) and at least 3 were in the top 16. I've got a bunch of practice to do! My pistol was the bright spot and I actually thought about shooting the poppers from the barrel, since I can't run, but decided I could limp closer and spend less time than trying to shoot from that far back. Great match, great location, great people. Sure hope the boss lets me go next year!

Jesse, where are your usual great videos?

There are not so great because I was shooting with more ammo than I am used to in Open so I had a tendency to get on the trigger a little much. I will post some soon. Trying to get caught up after being gone from work for so long.

Got to shoot with Jesse and a bunch of really fast guys on Squad 15. Couldn't figure out why I felt slower than normal well, besides having a single shot shotgun for 6 stages (thanks to Rob Romero for diagnosing the problem) then I realized that 8 or 9 of them were in the top 64 (actually 46 due to no shows) and at least 3 were in the top 16. I've got a bunch of practice to do! My pistol was the bright spot and I actually thought about shooting the poppers from the barrel, since I can't run, but decided I could limp closer and spend less time than trying to shoot from that far back. Great match, great location, great people. Sure hope the boss lets me go next year!

It was great shooting with you Larry! That was the nicest catch I have ever seen on stage 1. What ended up being the problem with your shotgun?

FN championship was awesome. Thanks to FNH and FNH shooting team, Larry, Linda and all the RO's and staff. Thanks to all of the sponsors specially to Rudy project because that's the only thing i got from prize table :-) And to the Noveske Shooting team who are always helpful .

Congrats to all the winners including our boy Carlo for winning the last man standing award prize.

Jesse, the oversized bolt release button was bumping the frame and not letting the "lever" for lack of a better word, get out of the way of the lifter. Unscrewed the O/S button and the gun ran fine. I think the real problem is the return spring looked kind of mashed and twisted, like some idiot (me) messed it up when he installed it. Thing is, the gun has run with that set up for two years. Guess it just reached the limit. Hard to push the nubbin that was left so I had to make sure I didn't run it dry.

Here is what the match looked like. I must warn you the shooting will hurt your eyes. :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0xy4sg9XMI

I am now legally blind from watching that! Will we see you back next year?????

Let me think about it a little while...HELLZ yes!!! The FNH match, Rocky Mountain, and ProAm are the 3 must shoot events that I have attended.

I thought the mix of natural terrain vs. bay style shooting and speed vs. accuracy on the pistol and shotgun where excellent. All of the firearm optional targets where excellent. The slug targets were very well done. Not to hard but not easy by any stretch. The hoser rifle was a lot of fun.

I would have liked to see full size flash targets on the 200 yard and beyond skinny's. But thats only because precision rifle is my weakest link. I was very glad that we were allowed to go prone for those little guys. It was funny on our first long range walk through soneone in our squad commented that this was the first match in 3 months where we go to shoot the rifle prone.

As far as Im concerned the little round 4" steel can all be melted down for target stands unless we can start shooting buckshot at them.

The setup for the 3GN four stage match was good as well. By removing those few no shoots and requiring the use of slugs was a good choice. I would have lined to see done speed shooting with the rifle and pistol.

The prize tables were both unreal!!! It still makes me shake my head in amazement when I see rows of rifles and enough FNH pistol boxes stack up to make a snipers hide.

I can't thank everyone enough for creating such a great 4 days of shooting, commradery, and great memories.

Signed,

The Mayor

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Here is what the match looked like. I must warn you the shooting will hurt your eyes. :ph34r:

Let me think about it a little while...HELLZ yes!!! The FNH match, Rocky Mountain, and ProAm are the 3 must shoot events that I have attended.

I thought the mix of natural terrain vs. bay style shooting and speed vs. accuracy on the pistol and shotgun where excellent. All of the firearm optional targets where excellent. The slug targets were very well done. Not to hard but not easy by any stretch. The hoser rifle was a lot of fun.

I would have liked to see full size flash targets on the 200 yard and beyond skinny's. But thats only because precision rifle is my weakest link. I was very glad that we were allowed to go prone for those little guys. It was funny on our first long range walk through soneone in our squad commented that this was the first match in 3 months where we go to shoot the rifle prone.

As far as Im concerned the little round 4" steel can all be melted down for target stands unless we can start shooting buckshot at them.

The setup for the 3GN four stage match was good as well. By removing those few no shoots and requiring the use of slugs was a good choice. I would have lined to see done speed shooting with the rifle and pistol.

The prize tables were both unreal!!! It still makes me shake my head in amazement when I see rows of rifles and enough FNH pistol boxes stack up to make a snipers hide.

I can't thank everyone enough for creating such a great 4 days of shooting, commradery, and great memories.

Signed,

The Mayor

Looked like a great match!!

I can never understand shooting boxes when going prone.

A lot of people cannot for many reasons, "me" can't get behind the gun like your supposed to.

Signed,

The Mayor

Looked like a great match!!

I can never understand shooting boxes when going prone.

A lot of people cannot for many reasons, "me" can't get behind the gun like your supposed to.

The best of the best were shooting.....it was designed not to be easy for the Three Gun Nation Event.