Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damien,

What about that beautiful OBR you showed me at the Blue Ridge. I liked it so much I am looking to get one at the end of the year.

Jeff,

That was the PredatAR 762 and I plan to bring it to the match. I also have the OBR and I can bring that too if you'd like to shoot it. PM sent.

I have a question about scoring in the "Tactical" divisions (PRO and AM), since irons, 1X and variable scopes are all allowed. Will the equipment used (rifle sights/optics) be recorded and available to view as part of the scoring?

I understand the decision to combine the groups but having this one bit of additional data on the scores will allow the shooters to compare themselves with others in their class.

Maybe it’s a slippery slope again but anyone who is the least competitive will be shooting a semi shotgun, or extremely good with a pump, and a hi cap handgun, so the sighting system on the rifle will be the major difference. (My opinion)

Also, if I were a betting man, I would say that all/most of the shooters at the top of the AM side will be gamers shooting Tac Optics gear and all/most of the top pro finishers will be OPEN shooters.

If that’s the case, the gear chosen will be a big factor in who is in the shoot-off.

In any case, thanks for putting on this great match! Can’t wait to shoot!

David E.

Gamer/newbie shooting irons in AM.

Horner and Butler have taken 1st place many times over open shooters. Hell Mr.Weak hand hasdone awesome things with Iron Sights lol Depends on the shooter for sure. I think equipment may play a minor role but training and skill are hands down the factor in anything...be it cars,woman or guns lol

Unfortunately, equipment used will not be a published item in the scores, we had looked at doing an equipment survey but really haven't had time to digress from main match duties to try to set up an Access database everyone could enter their info into online, I identified about 60 fields between, guns ammo, optics, holters, bullets, loaders, etc that could be recorded but haven't been able to go beyond infancy. with target distances as they are in the match I would say anyone is capable of shooting these targets well, though most of your big match winners do shoot tac optics with variable scopes so I imagine they will still be on top

Shoot off I am considering will be anyone who wants can enter not based on finish in match

:cheers:

There are several good irons/red dot shooters Kurt Miller, Mike Cyrwus, Chris Andersen, Lance Jensen, Mike Chmabers that can beat me with my 1-6 Swaro on any given weekend at our monthly local matches. We shoot out to 300 even.

I think Kurt may be shooting the match with his irons rifle.

I would love to see a shootoff like whats in other 3GN events!! Sanctioned or not, it'd be a ton of fun and Im sure most people would want in, even if there is no money involved (maybe a tiny plaque or something?)

I would love to see a shootoff like whats in other 3GN events!! Sanctioned or not, it'd be a ton of fun and Im sure most people would want in, even if there is no money involved (maybe a tiny plaque or something?)

Instead of a match shootoff, how about an entire match where all the events are just head to head shootoffs, some with a single gun and some with more than one? This is how the American Handgunner Championship in CO works and I hink there is market for a 3 gun match like this. Instead of running what you bring, every stage for every shooter is a prop gun saving all the transportation costs of gear, guns and ammo which would draw tons of shooters from everywhere. Sure it would take 4 days but I am sure Rockcastle would be glad to have you there for that entire period.

That snake shit just freaks me out, only 2 things I absolutely am terrified of, snakes and my girlfriends wrath.....

had the dang Copper heads in the house more than twice when I was growing up. I had a Cat that jumped in front of one snake like a Dog would and kept me from getting bit. the Cat lived

Jump back Jack!!! I am indeed shooting Iron Sights at the Pro-Am. I don't have time to zero in a scope nor will it help! I think I will still be OK! Don't forget, I still think that there is majic in a scope that I don't understand.... therefore they are EVIL..,.... I am shooting for fun as I am match staff, but in the long run it will be interesting to see how "irons" finish out!

Charles- shoot-offs are like desert, they are fun enough, but no replacement for a rare Ribeye and baked potato.

And on that we agree but shooting head to head adds another element to the comepetion just like turning laps in a kart is a different experience than when I am passing you head to head. :-) Speaking of which you is organizing the go kart championship?

So I was going through the round counts to get everything ready to ship. It looks like 55 shotgun, 114 handgun and 120 rifle. I just doubled the rifle and handgun target numbers since some were distance and some were paper. Before I shipped I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. No slug and just 55 shot? For some reason (I think probably because the SG stages are at the beginning) I thought there was more SG rounds than that. I'm good with 55, just don't want to get there and not have enough.

So I was going through the round counts to get everything ready to ship. It looks like 55 shotgun, 114 handgun and 120 rifle. I just doubled the rifle and handgun target numbers since some were distance and some were paper. Before I shipped I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. No slug and just 55 shot? For some reason (I think probably because the SG stages are at the beginning) I thought there was more SG rounds than that. I'm good with 55, just don't want to get there and not have enough.

I've got some printouts with stage overviews saying the round counts are:

Am- 49 pistol, 49 rifle, 48 shotgun

Pro- 56 pistol, 60 rifle, 65 shotgun

Are these stil accurate or did some things change?

I've got some printouts with stage overviews saying the round counts are:

Am- 49 pistol, 49 rifle, 48 shotgun

Pro- 56 pistol, 60 rifle, 65 shotgun

Are these stil accurate or did some things change?

I think those are the number of targets...not round count

From my count on the AM side:

58 shotgun

36 rifle paper x 2 for 72

16 rifle steel for 88 rifle rounds total

42 handgun paper x 2 for 84

4 handgun steel for 88 handgun total.

At least on the AM side it might be a good idea to clarify on the website the numbers on the stage descriptions are for targets not round count and post a suggested round count, at least for AMs.

For me:

250 rifle

250 pistol

150 shotgun

Got to have some shoot-off rounds if needed!

David E.

Good thing is there is a walmart and a Cabela's down the road for more ammo if needed

Well crazy :surprise: as this sounds, IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON SHOOTING THE MATCH YOU HAVE TO SEND IN AN APPLICATION!! SPONSORED SHOOTER OR OTHER TO BE PUT IN THE DATABASE AND SQUADDED!! :surprise:

We will not be redoing the entire squadding and adding people on raceday, just saying no time for that with this big a crowd :roflol:

Looking at the registration list I see some folks I thought would b coming that haven't registered, maybe they all have other plans, just over two weeks left, building stages this weekend, :devil: yippeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! :cheers: