Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship 2011

Perfect, exactly what I needed to know.

Layout is closest to what you see at RM3G in terms of stages in several different areas where you have to drive, and then might have a short walk. 4-wheel drive was beneficial last year :surprise:

Tracks were beneficial last year, 4-wd was required ;)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perfect, exactly what I needed to know.

Layout is closest to what you see at RM3G in terms of stages in several different areas where you have to drive, and then might have a short walk. 4-wheel drive was beneficial last year :surprise:

Tracks were beneficial last year, 4-wd was required ;)

That was after the monsoon / tornado warnings on Saturday!

The rule on empty chamber slung long guns in not pointing at someone. Muzzle up, muzzle down, in front, behind the back- all are ok.

Also to add a note....you can pull the gun around anyway you want, and not break the 180 as long as there is no live round in the chamber.

The rule on empty chamber slung long guns in not pointing at someone. Muzzle up, muzzle down, in front, behind the back- all are ok.

Also to add a note....you can pull the gun around anyway you want, and not break the 180 as long as there is no live round in the chamber.

I wondered about that after watching a few vids from last year's match. Thanks for the info.

Hi Folks,

Here is a schedule of events for the BRM3G:

Thursday, April 28

• ROs continue to shoot match

Competitor registration starts at noon in Lodge

Friday, April 29

• 6:15 – Registration continues

• 6:30 – Shooter meeting

• 6:50 – ROs to stages

• 7:15 – Match begins

Saturday, April 30

• Match continues

• 6:30 pm – Dinner service and Opening act begins (??)

• 8:00 pm – Wounded Warrior Project Auction begins

Sunday, May 1

• Match continues. Final shots should be done by 12:45; Prize table by 3:30????

• Tear down completed stages

The match website Sponsor Page has been updated, along with the squad list at the bottom of the page. Changes were made for those folks who are traveling together or similar issues only.

Stay safe and we'll be getting together in only three weeks!!

Andy

Edited by AFH

Looks like I am in trouble...........I am on a squad with folks who know what they are doing.

Charles, I,m on your squad as well. I've been seeing your name on the forum for years. I look forward to shooting with you. I will take full advantage of those with high experience.

Jay

If appropriate to answer, I have questions on two stages:

Stage 2, will there be "provided" shooting sticks or can we bring our own? Shooting sticks can be used in all divisions?

Stage 6, It appears that there are some choice targets, however I am not sure how they could be engaged with an "uncharged" shotgun. Am I to assume that you are referring to two guns in possession at once, in that the pistol must be abandonded before the SG can be charged.

Thanks,

Mark,

Shooters will have to use the provided shooting sticks on Stage 2.

On stage 6, shooters can engage any knock-down steel they wish with their pistol, but cannot advance out of the pistol shooting area without abandoning their pistol. Shotgun will be slung until pistol is abandoned.

Andy

Mark,

Shooters will have to use the provided shooting sticks on Stage 2.

On stage 6, shooters can engage any knock-down steel they wish with their pistol, but cannot advance out of the pistol shooting area without abandoning their pistol. Shotgun will be slung until pistol is abandoned.

Andy

Got it, thanks.

Where are the squads posted? Looks like I got left off that email thing again :)

Also, if anyone wants a ride from NoVA or the Richmond VA area, or somewhere in between, I have plenty of room in my truck.

I'll probably end up staying at the EconoLodge in Cave City, one exit over. Not great, but not miserable either.

ETA: I had zero trouble last year with my front-wheel-drive stick shift. Knocking the rear bumper loose on the first BRM3G in VA fixed all ground clearance issues...

Edited by homeyclaus

Where are the squads posted? Looks like I got left off that email thing again :)

Also, if anyone wants a ride from NoVA or the Richmond VA area, or somewhere in between, I have plenty of room in my truck.

I'll probably end up staying at the EconoLodge in Cave City, one exit over. Not great, but not miserable either.

ETA: I had zero trouble last year with my front-wheel-drive stick shift. Knocking the rear bumper loose on the first BRM3G in VA fixed all ground clearance issues...

Check the bottom of the sponsor page.

Will there be carts to rent or will we be able to drive to the stages

Albert,

You drive to the various stages, and then a short walk. Much like at the class.

A case that will hold 2 long guns is very helpful to have. The 10 miles of driving might be on the low side too.

Dan, I don't know anything more than you guys, YET! :)

Bryan,

I was referring to stage 8 as not being a place to take a cart, golf or otherwise :rolleyes:

Stage 8 was the Cave last year. This years description is the same as last year, so, I would guess it is the Cave again.