Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship 2011

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Instead of the cave or in addition to the cave, you could have a night vision stage...........

Night vision in the cave? and the RO has a pair of rotating strobe lights behind the shooter.

We would all have to pitch in to pay for 6 months of counseling for the ROs on the stage.

Instead of the cave or in addition to the cave, you could have a night vision stage...........

Night vision in the cave? and the RO has a pair of rotating strobe lights behind the shooter.

We would all have to pitch in to pay for 6 months of counseling for the ROs on the stage.

If we are going to shoot the cave in daytime and it is the same as last years cave, we start the stage at the top of the hill and use a shotgun which we ditch at the ladder and then pick up the NV and pistol in the cave and finish the stage. It would be worth it to do it to see what the posts would be here after the match.

Edited by Charles Bond

If we are going to shoot the cave in daytime and it is the same as last years cave, we start the stage at the top of the hill and use a shotgun which we ditch at the ladder and then pick up the NV and pistol in the cave and finish the stage. It would be worth it to do it to see what the posts would be here after the match.

I think post-match posts would be very light - as most of us would be in the hospital recuperating.

You think that stage backed up last year? This plan would keep us there for a week.

Sent my app out this morning. I've shot a lot of local 3-Gun events but never a major 3-Gun match.

I had planned to shoot Tac Scope but I think that I'll just stay with my Aimpoint M3 and shoot Tac Iron. At least that's what I checked on my app. B)

Since the lodge is booked, anyone have a suggestion for the next best place to stay?

Thanks,

I stayed just a few miles North on the interstate. There was 3-4 hotels and a few places to eat. From the room to the range was only 15min. Maybe Cave City? I'm going to stay there again this year.

Edited by sono

From what I have heard stay north a couple exits and not south in Bowling Green.... its MUCH further to BG.

Bowling Green is about a 30 minute drive. I stayed there this year, good choice of places to eat. It's a faster drive than my commute to work, so, it's not bad.

Thanks for the info guys. :D

The match runs from 4-29-11 to 5-1-11. Do the ROs shoot on Fri. and the rest of us shoot on Sat. and or Sun.? I'm just trying to figure out what day I should check in since I'll be staying overnight.

Thanks..

ROs will shoot Wed and Thurs. All other competitors will shoot Fri, Sat, 1/2 day on Sun. The last couple years the last squads have finished around 6:00 pm.

Edit to clarify- Last squads have finished on Fri and Sat around 6:00 pm. Best I can remember people start heading out on Sunday around 5:00 pm?

Edited by Bryan 45

ROs will shoot Wed and Thurs. All other competitors will shoot Fri, Sat, 1/2 day on Sun. The last couple years the last squads have finished around 6:00 pm.

Thanks for the information. Looks like I will need to book three nights then. :cheers:

From what I have heard stay north a couple exits and not south in Bowling Green.... its MUCH further to BG.

Bowling Green is about a 30 minute drive. I stayed there this year, good choice of places to eat. It's a faster drive than my commute to work, so, it's not bad.

I tried Bowling Green for the last match there, and since the evening events were at Rockcastle I am going to try the couple of exits north idea this year.

Cave City is ok. Still not safe enough to leave your guns in the car, but as long as it's a decent hotel you're ok. The real cheap places around there burn down regularly from the meth labs.

We stayed in Cave City last year (at one of the decent hotels) and we didn't have to shoot anyone...

Cave City is ok. Still not safe enough to leave your guns in the car, but as long as it's a decent hotel you're ok. The real cheap places around there burn down regularly from the meth labs.

We stayed in Cave City last year (at one of the decent hotels) and we didn't have to shoot anyone...

Which means you did NOT book with Chris Patty's Adventure Travel.........you need to hear his story of the first Blue Ridge Match they held in Virgina.