Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Illinois

sparks701

Welcome.

I moved from Illinois a few years ago. There are lots of good shooting enthusiasts especially outside of Chicago. I lived near Rockford. I am so happy to be gone, mostly because of the economy there, but also about the stupid FOID and other political stuff.

There is a club in Rockford "pine tree pistol club" http://www.pinetreerockford.com/ that has a monthly indoor IPSC and a weekly practice match. Several guys from the burbs would show up. Check out Tri County Shooting club http://www.tcgc.net/ near Polo. They have pistol and 3 gun matches at up to 200 yards. Guys from Chicago frequented those matches too, but it's a bit further for you.

Edited to say my avatar pic is at the pine tree pistol club. Note the official Wisconsin/N. Illinois jacket. : )

Edited by TLD

Welcome!!

I feel for you but seems as you have it covered! I wouldn't know what to do living that close to an anti gun zone!! I live 15 miles from Crane Naval base which is pretty gun friendly! Enjoy the site some Awesome content and even better people!!

Cheers!

Welcome!!

I am a member at Oak Park Sportsmans Club that is located in Plainfield. We had a 3-gun shoot in Sept that drew close to 100 shooters. IPSC and IDPA matches during the warmer months.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome!!

I am a member at Oak Park Sportsmans Club that is located in Plainfield. We had a 3-gun shoot in Sept that drew close to 100 shooters. IPSC and IDPA matches during the warmer months.

Welcome aboard!

My ffl just told me about OPSC the other day, I guess I missed a meeting yesterday, he was trying to get me sponsered. I'm in Aurora and for some reason never new about the club, thanks for the heads up though! And thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Welcome Sparks701,

I like what TLD said. I shoot at both Pine Tree and Tri County.

All of Tri Counties matches (except the first, which is a Classifier match)

are 3 gun matches. But, you can just shoot handgun if you want.

The match fee ($25 for 3 gun, $15 for only handgun) includes lunch.

We shoot handgun in the am, break for lunch and shoot long guns in the afternoon.

Usually getting done by 3:30pm.

Pine Tree has matches all year long. The regular match is the first Sunday

of the month and we shoot every Thursday night starting about 6pm. Check

out both websites; the Pine Tree one is kinda in limbo, but should be back

up and running after the first of the year. If you have any questions send

me a PM.

Sparky

Welcome!!

Welcome aboard!

My ffl just told me about OPSC the other day, I guess I missed a meeting yesterday, he was trying to get me sponsered. I'm in Aurora and for some reason never new about the club, thanks for the heads up though! And thanks to all for the warm welcome.

There is also a club down in Waterman called, ironically, Aurora Sportmen's Club. They don't do USPSA but you may be able to shoot your shotgun/rifle there. http://www.aurorasc.org/

Later,

Chuck

Been there a few times, my brother is a member and we use to go to sportsmans club weekly before they moved from Aurora to Waterman, its a bit of a drive but a really nice place, alot of potential, I guess since Chicago didn't get the olympics progress has kind of come to a standstill there. I would join but like I said its kind of far for me, I'm basically on the Naperville border of Aurora and it seems a little expensive since the move to waterman.

Thanks sparky, would you happen to be a fellow electrician?

Sparks701,

Not an electrician. Completed my 39th year in Law Enforcement on

October 31st. Nickname comes from my Bowling days. I was lead off

man and gave the team a Spark.

Sparky

Been there a few times, my brother is a member and we use to go to sportsmans club weekly before they moved from Aurora to Waterman, its a bit of a drive but a really nice place, alot of potential, I guess since Chicago didn't get the olympics progress has kind of come to a standstill there. I would join but like I said its kind of far for me, I'm basically on the Naperville border of Aurora and it seems a little expensive since the move to waterman.

Yup, OPSC is much closer. Just don't let John S. come up behind you. ;) BTW: some of the guys there have an indoor IDPA-like match somewhere closer to the city on Thursday nights. I forget what town.

Later,

Chuck

Yup, OPSC is much closer. Just don't let John S. come up behind you. ;) BTW: some of the guys there have an indoor IDPA-like match somewhere closer to the city on Thursday nights. I forget what town.

Later,

Chuck

That's at Midwest Sporting Goods but i hear it's by invite only.

Welcome!!

Welcome aboard!

Try to get in now!! We capped membership and it is a 2 year wait. I have been a member for 12 years and it has been the best investment of my "fun" money!