Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eyeglass Cams

The_Vigilante

• 4 weeks later...

I'd becarefull... some of this small cameras are good for situations where you are not moving much and just observing. But if you start running there maybe some unwelcomed image artifacts which will plagued your videos. This is one of those things where I would go with other proven systems... like what most Jefes are using in ipsc/uspsa matches...

my 2 centavos

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

The contour is definitely the way to go. It's also pretty cool mounting it to your AR for the rifle matches. Just don't mount it too close to the muzzle or the camera will freeze up on you...I learned this the hard way!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ended up with the Roam (have 2) , it's held up well on my 12ga.

I had constant problems with the Contour.

I don't like the 170 degree lens setting , even the 120 is a little much fish eye for me.

Close up stuff is excellent but distant (75') looks VERY far away

Here's one vid there's more at my channel , the MKA ones were from my phone

ETA ; First part was late in the day , raining and snowing , snow was the next morning , the other stations were 50 yards away , that's what I mean , they SEEM WAAAY away.

Some of the motorcycle ones shows other types of footage

Edited by toothandnail

• 1 month later...

Eyeglass cameras may be interesting but not if the glasses themselves are not good shooting type glasses. These seem like daily wear type glasses.

The Pivothead Recon model glasses are ANSI Z87.1 rated. I have used a couple of brands of glasses cameras and these ones are the only ones to do 1080p. Just got them last week, they are awesome.

I had the iKam predator glasses and they are ok for hand gun but not for rifle. The problem is the viewing angle is not very wide. So when I cheek my rifle, the camera points toward the top of my rifle rather than looking along the POV that my eyes take.

I have since gotten a GoPro Hero and GoPro Hero 2. I sacrifice my left eye and invert the GoPro to cover my left eye. This positions the lens closer to my nose and inline with my head. The wide viewing angle of 170 deg helps keep all the information I want in frame. Downrange and hand manipulation.

It isnt perfect but it is the closest thing I can get and use it for both handguns and rifle.

Shotgun

Handgun

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the lid cam. They also have 1080 but I record on 720. No complaints and I can still have my impac lenses on my glasses, also it slides off when not filming and takes about 3.seconds to install. I like them. My 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a HD808 #16 camera with a 120* lens off of ebay that I used to film my last match. I am pretty happy with it. Check out the pictures of it attached to my glasses and the video. It records in 720P, and with the 120* lens, I can see a lot. It only cost me about $45 all in, camera and sd card.

I had the material for the mount already, I just made it out of hobby plywood glued and screwed together. Then I just used a small binder clip to clip it to my glasses. The camera then gets velcro'd to the mount. Pretty stable for what it is.

Search ebay for "HD 808 #16" and look for the one with the 120* lens.

post-41699-0-58551800-1349718598_thumb.j

post-41699-0-40859100-1349718609_thumb.j