Richmond, California

hosted by the Richmond Hot Shots with help from other section clubs

approximately 200 rounds

8 freestyle DVC courses

no ports or boxes

no hassles due to open squadding or shoot-thrus

no prize table

Sunday awards banquet

$90 pre-entry by July 1 (half price for working as a range officer at least one half-day)

$110 post-entry at match, pending 150 shooter limit

shoot two half-day morning or afternoon sessions in any combination Saturday and/or Sunday (priority for out-of-town competitor pre-entries)

Look for the entry form advertisement in the May/June issue of Front Sight magazine, or download it from the Richmond Hot Shots web site or Jerry Mallard's Area 2 site.

Right-click this link and choose Save As (or Download to Disk) to save the Acrobat PDF form on your computer.

Edited by Erik Warren

Match profits, if any, may be paid to top finishers as cash paybacks.

Shoot-offs are possible Sunday afternoon.

We'll have Classic targets on at least two stages and the Texas Star on one stage.

At least one stage will be self-start.

Attention Taran and K.C.: We want a re-match of 2001. I promise we'll take more than one stage from Taran this time.

Attention John Flentz: I put some movement in my "garden gnome" stages just for you.

My stages are Donnie Darko themed: Burn it to the Ground, Sparkle Motion, and Mad World.

Edited by Erik Warren

shoot two half-day morning or afternoon sessions in any combination Saturday and/or Sunday (priority for out-of-town competitor pre-entries)

Oh dammit! My cousin is getting married July 17 so a trip to California is mandatory, we would have LOVED to have shot this... are you sure you won't allow any shoot throughs on Sunday?

• 2 weeks later...

Shoot any two half-day sessions. That means you can shoot it all in to one day or pace yourself over both days.

This match will use the USPSA self-squadding system. After you enter, you will get an e-mail with instructions and a password so you can go online to join a squad.

Keep an eye on the Richmond Hot Shots site and this topic in Brian's forums for news.

Edited by Erik Warren

• 2 weeks later...
Having never shot in a match like this, I have one question.

If I sign up for a division, is it possible to change divisions before the match? In case my pistol goes south, etc.

I don't know about this one, but almost every big match I've been to allowed divsion changes if needed.

• 2 months later...
It's official, the Littmans WILL NOT be attending the GBC this year :(

Shame ... I was hoping to get to meet an "august on-line personage" in the flesh :)

Kevin

This morning I built one of the stages for measurements and shoot-through proofing. It seems so brain-dead simple, but it's subtly sinister and it's going to eat a bunch of people for lunch. I want to submit it for the online match for July.

David Benzick is going to spend the afternoons of the entire week before the match setting up his stage. It must be something special.

Rob Boudrie's USPSA online squadding system is working great and our competitors love it. I'm even doing RO scheduling with it.

People are procrastinating on their entries and I wish they wouldn't. We don't want to register 50 shooters at the last minute. And I need to schedule the RO crews. (Richard, you are still welcome to RO two shifts. But you still get only one half off the entry fee.)

The NorCal section is selling $20 raffle tickets for a 1 in 50 chance of winning an upgraded (e.g., G34, G35) Glock certificate.

Southern California shooters are welcome. We don't have anybody from south of San Luis Obispo. Washington, Nevada, Arizona, but not SoCal. Chicken?

• 3 weeks later...

John Amidon told me this morning to run the match under the 14th Edition 2001 rulebook, as the new rulebook has not yet been distributed to members. He wants to use Stage 6, GBC Standards, as a new classifier.

Limited division is going to be a furball with 7 Masters and a GM, with the Brazilian juggernaut the man to beat. Open has 4 Masters and a GM (including three National Top 16 shooters and four Steel Challenge Top 20 shooters). And one sandbagging A who could win the division and a bunch of As who could win stages. Limited 10 is well-subscribed, with mostly B and C shooters.

About half of the shooters are volunteering to RO a shift. We still need a few more ROs, or the squads will have to provided their own scorers on a few stages.

Self-squadding has ended. You can look to see where you are squadded but you can't change it. All the people who didn't squad themselves were squadded by me, in a willy-nilly fashion. Now squadding is first-come, first-served for the walk-in entries. You pays your money and you takes your chances.

We picked up another out-of-town top 16 GM shooter in Open. Things aren't looking good for the section locals in the foo-foo gun division.