Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Too much Major , or just gettin' old?

John Z Sr

About 15,000 rounds of 45 ACP major through the 625 this year. Elbow pretty much sore all the time now. Switching to minor for awhile (625 going back to S&W, wore it out) to see if elbow gets better. Just me, or do others have the same problem?

About 15,000 rounds of 45 ACP major through the 625 this year. Elbow pretty much sore all the time now. Switching to minor for awhile (625 going back to S&W, wore it out) to see if elbow gets better. Just me, or do others have the same problem?

A bunch of us and also wrist issues from the constant pounding. Mine was from motorcycles, but it really gets bad if I shoot to much. Do a search, there are many threads on it.

JT

John That's a lot of Major and it sure will take it's toll on your body. You don't need to shoot major all the time for practice. Reduce your practice load and when you are ready for a big match take out the Majors and get use to them.

You don't want to get to the point where you can't shoot so take care of your body. You may want to shoot with a brace for a while to help your elbow heal.

That's what you get for practicing.

That's not practice Bob, 102 matches so far this year ( USPSA, IDPA and ICORE with a few fun matches, bug matches and 3-gun in for good measure), putting the North Mountain Moonclip Holder and also the IDPA legal single holder through a torture test, you are welcome for the plug !!!

Only Bob Perdue would write that...The one and only time I shot with him he was telling me "Oh I havent practiced in all these months" and sure enough took some auto shooters to school.

Not all of us are as naturally gifted as you sir.

:devil: 102 matchs? :surprise: You must be single and not sleep at all.

In this area, we have 3 USPSA per month, 5 IDPA (that I go to), occasional ICORE, Wed night fun matchs, 3rd Sunday USPSA/IDPA style fun match, occasional 3 gun and bug gun matches, with an Appleseed or 2 thrown in for good measure. My girlfriend is hooked and shoots with me, even helps pick up brass and helps in the reloading room. Life could be worse !!!!

Yes, you are gettiing old. Sorry, it had to be said by someone. :lol:

While you are contributing the pain in your elbow to shooting, have you considered what the effects of pulling the lever on your reloader enough to make all those rounds that you shoot is doing? That repetitive motion can be a factor.

:devil: 102 matches? :surprise: You must be single and not sleep at all.

He is squeezing in all the fun he can before his body just gives out on him. Not real good at pacing himself. :rolleyes:

In this area, we have 3 USPSA per month, 5 IDPA (that I go to), occasional ICORE, Wed night fun matchs, 3rd Sunday USPSA/IDPA style fun match, occasional 3 gun and bug gun matches, with an Appleseed or 2 thrown in for good measure.

Yessiree! We're lucky 'round here. :cheers:

I marked the local matches in calendar once, and found I could shoot 'bout 12-15 local matches/month if I had the time and $$. Relatively speaking, then, I'm mostly sitting on the sidelines.

John - you've been shooting the gnatbutts 20 yards, so your USPSA results wouldn't suffer much if you loaded some 200 grain LRN and shot minor. It'd be a good ICORE load, too. Heck, if you go this route, I bet you could even work up an ICORE/USPSAminor load using .451 lead muzzleloader balls. Maybe even in .45GAP brass? Hmmmm...maybe we're onto something here <_< ...if they're accurate enough, at 140-ish grains, they might be the ultimate gamer round!

Tom

Yes, you are gettiing old. Sorry, it had to be said by someone. :lol:

While you are contributing the pain in your elbow to shooting, have you considered what the effects of pulling the lever on your reloader enough to make all those rounds that you shoot is doing? That repetitive motion can be a factor.

:devil: 102 matches? :surprise: You must be single and not sleep at all.

He is squeezing in all the fun he can before his body just gives out on him. Not real good at pacing himself. :rolleyes:

My new plan is shoot often, shoot well, pop some Motrin, and die happy with dirty guns, as far as I know, as of right now there is no tax on spent brass!!!!!

:devil: 102 matchs? :surprise: You must be single and not sleep at all.

In this area, we have 3 USPSA per month, 5 IDPA (that I go to), occasional ICORE, Wed night fun matchs, 3rd Sunday USPSA/IDPA style fun match, occasional 3 gun and bug gun matches, with an Appleseed or 2 thrown in for good measure. My girlfriend is hooked and shoots with me, even helps pick up brass and helps in the reloading room. Life could be worse !!!!

Wow! Does she have a sister?