Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

Anyone needing to contact Mossberg CS should ask for Joe Zakher. I had a problem with my 930 and he was very helpful. He even knows how to ship a 24" VR non-ported barrel w/FO adj sights. I asked and he said to pass on his contact info, so here it is:

Joseph Zakher

Product service Assistant Supervisor

Maverick Arms Inc

1001 Industrial Blvd

Eagle Pass,TX 78852

1-800-363-3555

jzakher@maverickarms.com

Joe seemed very interested in 3G and what it takes to make our gear run. I didn't ask about the release date for the new models.

Yes! joe is soo awsome and very helpful ! great person to contact ! :)

For anyone currious about what the NP 24" kit includes.

Even more reason IMO to get the cheapest 930 you can find, since the chokes and sights are included.

The 930 24in accu choke vent ribs are usually ported. But we can make a non ported one also for sale. We run it for $150.00 + s/h. it is a vent rib barrel with fiber optic snap on sight system. It comes with 3 chokes, mod in the barrel full and imp cyl as accessories. If you would like to purchase this barrel please call us at 1-800-363-3555

Did you talk to Joeseph Zarcher?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well that explains why I have not received a call back from them...

that sucks BIG TIME!

I just sent an email to their manager explaining (calmly) that I'm pretty aggravated by this and that I want to know for sure that I am going to get one of these barrels.

What it comes down to, is that if they would have been up front about not having the barrel, I wouldn't have ordered it, and I would have had Benny make one for me. I may be canceling my order and going that route anyways, because at this point, I don't know that I want anything to do with Mossberg's parts/accessories center...

well that explains why I have not received a call back from them...

that sucks BIG TIME!

I just sent an email to their manager explaining (calmly) that I'm pretty aggravated by this and that I want to know for sure that I am going to get one of these barrels.

What it comes down to, is that if they would have been up front about not having the barrel, I wouldn't have ordered it, and I would have had Benny make one for me. I may be canceling my order and going that route anyways, because at this point, I don't know that I want anything to do with Mossberg's parts/accessories center...

It was a rather big deal for me to even buy a mossberg product in the first place. I have NEVER liked them but after seeing the new direction they are headed and getting the chance to handle some of these 930's I was impressed. So I picked up one of the short breacher versions due to a low price and knowing I would need a new barrel regardless.

It is beyond me why they do not offer the non ported version to begin with, but now after seeing that they may not make more, I am really unhappy.

Having to buy a barrel, send it out to be cut, choked, sights put back on and possibly bent takes the real advantage (price) away from the gun.

WAY TO GO MOSSBERG!

Weird. I emailed them last thursday (9/22) and got a call back an hour or two later. My barrel was on my doorstep when I got home from a business trip on Wednesday 9/28.

When did you place the order. It's my understanding that they recently ran out of barrels and are making more.

Take care,

Dave

Weird. I emailed them last thursday (9/22) and got a call back an hour or two later. My barrel was on my doorstep when I got home from a business trip on Wednesday 9/28.

Hope your kidding. I emailed Joe, got a call back in an hour and ordered two barrels. On Sept 16th!!!!! Was told it would be a few weeks.

Hope they come through by the end of this week. Already bought the shotgun.

Fingers crossed

Kevin

Nope, fully serious. I placed the order 9/22 and had the barrel in less than a week. I emailed the address listed upthread. It was a woman who called me back for the CC info, but I don't recall her name.

Nope, fully serious. I placed the order 9/22 and had the barrel in less than a week. I emailed the address listed upthread. It was a woman who called me back for the CC info, but I don't recall her name.

That's how it went for me too. Woman called me back, cc info, estimated 2.5 weeks.With the exception of the product being delivered.

I really appreciate the update, I'll do the same. I sent Joe an email asking for an update on my order. I'll keep the thread posted on how it goes.

Thanks again for keeping us all in the loop. I'm reminding myself that Mossberg is going out of their way to make me a custom product, that I only heard about on a forum. I know they've made them for several people already, thanks to Edna. Wouldn't be the first time I waited for something custom that I really wanted to play some game that doesn't mean anything :D

Kevin :cheers:

Edited by kevinj308

Well this sucks, I have sent 2 emails and not heard a thing back yet.

I guess I will keep trying. :rolleyes:

Pick up the phone and call. Ask for the right guy. Expect that anyone else is making shit up or has no idea what they are talking about.

Except for Edna, no one at Mossberg had a frickin clue when I was going thru this. I was told by Linda(?) " No, we stopped making those because too many people bought them and it got out of hand"

I shit you not.

I just finished reading all 23 pages of this thread, and this REALLY makes me want a 930 3 gun model. I wish they just come out with a more exact release date because right now I may have to pick up a Remington 1100 until the new mossberg comes out.

I just finished reading all 23 pages of this thread, and this REALLY makes me want a 930 3 gun model. I wish they just come out with a more exact release date because right now I may have to pick up a Remington 1100 until the new mossberg comes out.

Which is what I have done. The Remington 1100 is not the ideal model for this but I had access to a Remington 1100 Special Field (21" w/ 3 round tube). I've installed an easy loader, Hi-Viz sight, Nordic tube and charging handle, and a Carlson LM extended choke and it has yet to fail me yet using Remington or Federal Wal-Mart bulk packs.

It it wasn't for the loading port on this model I wouldn't be looking for a replacement. It's really a great gun to shoot.

well after a couple emails, a few phone calls and some whining. I have a barrel on order...

They are making more of the 24" non ported they will be back in stock within 3-4 weeks.

Bummer on the wait but at least they are making more.

well after a couple emails, a few phone calls and some whining. I have a barrel on order...

They are making more of the 24" non ported they will be back in stock within 3-4 weeks.

Bummer on the wait but at least they are making more.

More reason I guess to wait till after the shot show. :blush:

You know I can not help but think, who was the "brilliant" engineer that decided these should only come with a ported vent rib barrels? Do other brands offer only ported barrels from the factory?

Sure they have sold a few more barrels to those willing to dick around, but after looking through this thread and others it is pretty clear they would have a MUCH larger new customer base if people could just buy the 24" in a non ported configuration from the factory.

You know I can not help but think, who was the "brilliant" engineer that decided these should only come with a ported vent rib barrels? Do other brands offer only ported barrels from the factory?

Sure they have sold a few more barrels to those willing to dick around, but after looking through this thread and others it is pretty clear they would have a MUCH larger new customer base if people could just buy the 24" in a non ported configuration from the factory.

Because these guns were not made for the minority of competition shooters, they were made predominantly for hunters and defense. And what hunter or defense shooter wouldn't want a gun with less muzzle flip?

Mossberg has done us a favor and produced a 24" non-ported barrel and is in the process of producing a out-of-the-box Competition ready gun with a non-ported barrel. It's just not moving as fast as some of us would like. Myself included. :blush:

Edited by EvilBetty

That's how it went for me too. Woman called me back, cc info, estimated 2.5 weeks.With the exception of the product being delivered.

I really appreciate the update, I'll do the same. I sent Joe an email asking for an update on my order. I'll keep the thread posted on how it goes.

Thanks again for keeping us all in the loop. I'm reminding myself that Mossberg is going out of their way to make me a custom product, that I only heard about on a forum. I know they've made them for several people already, thanks to Edna. Wouldn't be the first time I waited for something custom that I really wanted to play some game that doesn't mean anything :D

Kevin :cheers:

Update on my barrel order. I left a message for Joe today and Linda called me back this afternoon. She confirmed my order was indeed in their computer system and they should have a batch of barrels done this week. That's on schedule for what I was originally told.

I brought up that someone else had ordered a barrel after me and received one already. She didn't know what happened, obviously I didn't have the customers name or order number. She did suggest that possibly that order had been for a different finish than the ones I ordered. That seems pretty plausible to me. Can't wait to get my new barrel.

Thanks again to Edna, Joseph, and everybody on this thread for making it possible to get a custom barrel.

Kevin

So how many other "hunting" shotguns come with ported barrels from the factory?

;)

I thought your question was, why the gun you chose to use for competition, came ported. Not sure how, what other manufactures have chosen to do, comes into play here. You seemed to be inferring that Mossberg should have known their guns would be used in enough competition setups to warrant offering the guns with non-ported barrels.

So how many other "hunting" shotguns come with ported barrels from the factory?

;)

I thought your question was, why the gun you chose to use for competition, came ported. Not sure how, what other manufactures have chosen to do, comes into play here. You seemed to be inferring that Mossberg should have known their guns would be used in enough competition setups to warrant offering the guns with non-ported barrels.

Pretty much what I thought.

The non ported is for a niche market.

I'd take a ported version for hunting, clays, or self defense.

I don't recall to many manufactures offering an entire line in ported only. Or many that even offer it in SA or pump guns.

I am of course not counting the novelty barrels that they offer in the 930 line. Those of course are not ported.

Edited by bpipe95

Well,through stupidity or at least inattention I managed to destroy my forearm retainer. I am praying that Mossberg can overnight me one. I leave for a match on Fri AM. :surprise: If not I'll shoot it without. :angry:

On a somewhat brighter note: I ordered the Hivis rear sight and dialed in a 200yd zero. :roflol: Slugs were shooting 6" right, so I ordered up the rear sight in an attempt to overcome that. I succeeded, but as the lowest setting, as far back as I can mount the sight it hits 5" at precisely 12 O'clock at 25yds. The only other option at this point is to remove the elevation ramp entirely. But I am done messing with it until after Area 1. 5" high I can deal with. I love the Hivis sight it definitely lives up to it's name.

Cheers

Vince

The only other option at this point is to remove the elevation ramp entirely. But I am done messing with it until after Area 1. 5" high I can deal with. I love the Hivis sight it definitely lives up to it's name.

Cheers

Vince

It's not your only option.

hydraulic-pipe-bender.jpg