Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone notice this on the bottom of your gas tube?

IMG_20120817_213432.jpg

Check for a bur on the gas relief spring in the barrel. Both my 18" and 24" barrels scratched the crap out of the tube. I took a grinder to it and fixed the problem. If you want to have some real fun, take the spring out of the barrel! That's not really that much fun, but putting it back in is a blast!!!

Hmmm... tempted to send it to Mossberg.

Anybody want a FREE JM Pro 930?

All you have to do is register for the 1st annual Choate Multigun Melee to be held at the Mountain Valley Sportsman's Association range in Hot Springs, AR on November 10th and hold the winning ticket and its yours!

Prizes for the match include an AR15 rifle from Choate with their new Zombie print furniture, lots of other items from Choate, the Mossberg JM Pro 930, and other sponsors to be announced. Sponsor prizes will be random draw and place finishers will receive cash and still have a chance at the guns.

More info can be found here - http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=156883&st=0&p=1754353&fromsearch=1entry1754353

Sorry if anyone thinks this is off topic, but there is a free 930.

IMG_20120817_213432.jpg

Check for a bur on the gas relief spring in the barrel. Both my 18" and 24" barrels scratched the crap out of the tube. I took a grinder to it and fixed the problem. If you want to have some real fun, take the spring out of the barrel! That's not really that much fun, but putting it back in is a blast!!!

I sent my first 930 in and got a new one back. It had the same problem till i de-burred the spring. If you have a roto tool, it just takes a few minuets to fix it. In fact, i doubt you could box it up in less time. Take some fine sand paper and smooth out the scratch on the tube. I think if you look you will find the scratch is forward of the piston and should not effect function at all.

BUT, i have not seen your tube so this is all speculation. Certainly worth a look though.

IMG_20120817_213432.jpg

Yep, mine looked the same. couldnt hardly get the gas piston to slide over it, had to use a file to smooth it up. It came from the factory that way. I tore it down when I got it out of the box, was very disappointed to see it. I figured it was from their tooling and carelessness.

Edited by Smokecloud

IMG_20120817_213432.jpg

THAT IS NASTY! Mine was perfect. (Got it 2 years ago though)

Their CS does stink. No one seems to know what is going on, and they seem to just make up something when they don't know, instead of tracking down a correct answer. I assume these are pretty low paying jobs or pay is tied to how many calls they handle, or both. When Edna left we lost the one person who was aware, seemed honest & willing to look for info.

I'm back :) !!!!!

Yvette,

I never worked with u personally, but lots of folk had great things to say ab you. Great to see you're back! Lots of folk are interested in the 24" vent-rib, non-ported barrel for the 930. Let us know.

Yvette,

I never worked with u personally, but lots of folk had great things to say ab you. Great to see you're back! Lots of folk are interested in the 24" vent-rib, non-ported barrel for the 930. Let us know.

Hey ! Thanks :) .... I'll let y'all know. This is my second week and a lot of new stuff and it was only a year :/ lol but as soon as I'm familiar with the new system, all of the new products, and what we can do and what not. I'll be glad to help ;)

Mossberg is better off for it. Nice to have you back, Edna.

Thanks ! I'm glad to be back too. It'll be for a short time though. I'm moving back north in May I believe :/ But the time that I'll be here I'll try to help as much as possible :)

Their CS does stink. No one seems to know what is going on, and they seem to just make up something when they don't know, instead of tracking down a correct answer. I assume these are pretty low paying jobs or pay is tied to how many calls they handle, or both. When Edna left we lost the one person who was aware, seemed honest & willing to look for info.

I'm back :) !!!!!

Please update with 24" barrels availability. Or even better 22" :)

IMG_20120817_213432.jpg

Looks just like mine, it was a real pain to remove and install the barrel until I cleaned it up.

Cleaned it again today and felt around in that spring. Only can feel the slightest of a catch in the middle. Feels like a two piece spring or a large c-clip or something. Doesn't fee like it would be able to create this kind of damage though. :blink:

On mine it was the very end of the spring. I think when it was cut it curled that sharp tip towards the inside of the spring. It didn't protrude much at all, but it sure dug into that mag tube.

So far at Rockcastle, my 930 has crapped the bed both days. failures to feed yesterday and failures to fire today (during the stage 6 - the aerials... 50 seconds in penalties). This is shooting Federal high-brass #6 shot.

My brother is having the same issues with his this weekend (his ran well when he got it).

C'mon Mossberg, you can do better than this.

ETA: I have the mag tube scratch as well.

Edited by Buckeye67

So far at Rockcastle, my 930 has crapped the bed both days. failures to feed yesterday and failures to fire today (during the stage 6 - the aerials... 50 seconds in penalties). This is shooting Federal high-brass #6 shot.

My brother is having the same issues with his this weekend (his ran well when he got it).

That sucks but does not suprise me with Mossberg. I hope it gets worked out for you.

Pat

Talked to the master of 930's yesterday, mine shit the bed on Friday on stage 8 and I've been running a backup ever since.

Jerry said that I probably need to take the gas rings OFF the piston and clean them .... AND clean the tube where the piston goes in with a stainless steel brush. Especially if you shoot a lot of slugs it will foul up pretty good.

I've cleaned the rings on the piston but had never cleaned them off of it. So when I get home from Rockcastle and when its time to clean guns I'll be pulling the rings off and cleaning the piston tube on the bottom of the barrel with a brush on a dremel. Also make sure the gas ports in the barrel are clean.

Jerry said what it sounds like is that the piston is not going all the way forward like it should due to friction on the piston.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

It spits the round out of the tube onto the lifter (mostly) and then doesn't feed into the chamber. Yesterday's failure only came 3:4 of the way out of the tube, and I had to pull it out the rest of the way with my finger, then hit the bolt release button

That sucks but does not suprise me with Mossberg. I hope it gets worked out for you.

Pat

Pat

Can you avoid burrying people who own tube guns? Geez, we get that you hate mossberg as well.

It spits the round out of the tube onto the lifter (mostly) and then doesn't feed into the chamber. Yesterday's failure only came 3:4 of the way out of the tube, and I had to pull it out the rest of the way with my finger, then hit the bolt release button

That to me sounds like too short of a spring.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Pat

Pat

Can you avoid burrying people who own tube guns? Geez, we get that you hate mossberg as well.

I own a few tube guns I just use them for Tac optics and heavy metal. As for Mossberg I had high hopes for this gun but it seems to be having issues. I personally had problems with two Mossberg pumps I owned a while back. The first being a 500 with a 28 and an 18 inch barrel. The 18 inch barrel would leave the spent cases stuck in the chamber every 4 or 5 round when slugs or full power buck was used. The 28 inch barrel worked fine. I figured it was a fluke. I tried a 590 and had the same issue. Never tried another Mossberg after that. I hope Mossberg gets these guns worked out as the price is right. But it seems that they are having issues based on posts like this here.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo