Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edna/Yvette,

Can I get the info for ordering the 24" non-ported barrels. I have 2 friends interested in ordering them.

Thanks

According to Mossberg, they are no longer going to be producing these.. Edna no longer works for Mossberg...

According to Edna on the 10th, " Also if yall are having problems ordering that particular barrel for the 930 let me know and i will talk directly to the supervisor and let him know your name so when yall call he can follow up and take the purchase. He is a great and very helpful guy. "

Edna/Yvette,

Can I get the info for ordering the 24" non-ported barrels. I have 2 friends interested in ordering them.

Thanks

According to Mossberg, they are no longer going to be producing these.. Edna no longer works for Mossberg...

Edna/Yvette,

Thanks

That may depend on who you talk to. When they were definitely still producing them and Edna was still there, another Mossberg rep told me something like, "We are no longer producing these because we sold too many and it got out of hand". (!)

Edna straightened it out for me and I have a 24" barrel to prove it. My impression was that the other person had no idea what was going on and so she was making stuff up.

Alright... This all took too long... I ordered an FL SLP Mk1 today. Hopefully Mossberg can get it together...

Congrats, but I'm not so sure our impatience is Mossberg's fault. I for one am glad to have been partially in the loop during it's development. If not for this information I too would probably already have an FN SLP Mark I, or have built a custom 930. Knowing that the Mossberg version is still a bit out there is painful but I can live with it. :cheers:

I don't think it's Mossberg's fault. I just think the gun industry is very slow to develop new products and the great new products that come out are normally not produced in high enough volume to get them into everyone's hands that want them. I would assume this won't be announced until the 2012 SHOT show. Then won't go into production until next year this time and I wouldn't be able to actually find one in stock until almost 2013... But I have attention span of a gnat... So I could be totally wrong, but that's what happened the last time I wanted something new from S&W. It took forever. And we're still waiting for the new VTAC rifle from S&W which I think was announced at the 2010 SHOT show. I get LE prices from S&W so I stick it out and buy from them, that helps keep my attention on target.

It is very good that this thread is able to keep the end users up to date on what Mossberg is working on.

Saw the Miculek Model at Rockcastle today, & it looks really nice. Benny had one field stripped, looks very simple. The other was the 22" gun. Nordic mag tube, fiber optic sight, but I think he said he put that on. Nice soft recoil pad, threaded for chokes. Said it should be on the market within 30 days. He's shooting it in the match, running great.

'Can' anyone confirm this? 30 Days, I'll go into the local gun store and start talking it up and hope to put some $$$ down.

Saw the Miculek Model at Rockcastle today, & it looks really nice. Benny had one field stripped, looks very simple. The other was the 22" gun. Nordic mag tube, fiber optic sight, but I think he said he put that on. Nice soft recoil pad, threaded for chokes. Said it should be on the market within 30 days. He's shooting it in the match, running great.

'Can' anyone confirm this? 30 Days, I'll go into the local gun store and start talking it up and hope to put some $$$ down.

I talked to a couple dealers looking to put money down on them. They said they have to go through distributers for all Mossberg products. Both of them called a couple distributers while I was there any where told that there was no info about this shotgun. No way to pre-order and no knowledge of any pending new models from Mossberg. This was last week. I doubt they can spool up in user 30 days...

Edna, any way we could get some sort of rough time estimate for the general release? I talked to Mossberg CS again today, hoping they'd have more info considering this discussion, but the rep said they wouldn't have any more info until next year. I don't mind waiting a month or two, maybe, but if its going to be next spring, I might just try an FN and see how that goes.

SPX has a shorter barrel, pistol grip, tactical sights, and I think the improved bolt lever.

Most people converting their own are using the Waterfowl or Turkey models. Difference there being barrel length. If your planning on staying in tactical you have to cut down or replace the ported barrel.

Anyone needing to contact Mossberg CS should ask for Joe Zakher. I had a problem with my 930 and he was very helpful. He even knows how to ship a 24" VR non-ported barrel w/FO adj sights. I asked and he said to pass on his contact info, so here it is:

Joseph Zakher

Product service Assistant Supervisor

Maverick Arms Inc

1001 Industrial Blvd

Eagle Pass,TX 78852

1-800-363-3555

jzakher@maverickarms.com

Joe seemed very interested in 3G and what it takes to make our gear run. I didn't ask about the release date for the new models.

No, it is after market steel. Got the new proto types from mossberg today. Better than I thought. Sorry no pictures now as I don't know shit about that stuff. Here's a list. 24" barrel w/ 9rd. ext. or 21' w/ 8 rd ext. got one of each. Large F.O. red front sight, large safty, nice bevel on lower receiver opening, good follower, nordic tubes & clamps ,trigger with overtravel stop , mag tube, sleeve, & gas piston are hard chromed for wear. Last but not least it has a logo on the side saying JM tactical shotgun. Should say BH as JM has never shot or touched a tactical shotgun in his life but thats marketing. I have done razzed JM about it.Overall I would say it is the best out of the box I have seen. Will have the 2 @ rockcastle.

Will these by chance be out at the Ozark 3-Gun this weekend? If so I am sending spies with cameras. :ph34r:

:cheers:

Anyone needing to contact Mossberg CS should ask for Joe Zakher. I had a problem with my 930 and he was very helpful. He even knows how to ship a 24" VR non-ported barrel w/FO adj sights. I asked and he said to pass on his contact info, so here it is:

Joseph Zakher

Maverick Arms Inc

1001 Industrial Blvd

Eagle Pass,TX 78852

1-800-363-3555

jzakher@maverickarms.com

Joe seemed very interested in 3G and what it takes to make our gear run. I didn't ask about the release date for the new models.

THANK YOU!!!!!

I sent and email to Joe. Half an hour later I got a phone call from a sales person and got my barrel ordered!

I am happy again :)

Sweet. I just emailed Joe and I'm going to be ordering one as soon as I can get in contact with him!!

Joseph Zakher

Maverick Arms Inc

1001 Industrial Blvd

Eagle Pass,TX 78852

1-800-363-3555

jzakher@maverickarms.com

THANK YOU!!!!!

I sent and email to Joe. Half an hour later I got a phone call from a sales person and got my barrel ordered!

Edna, any way we could get some sort of rough time estimate for the general release? I talked to Mossberg CS again today, hoping they'd have more info considering this discussion, but the rep said they wouldn't have any more info until next year. I don't mind waiting a month or two, maybe, but if its going to be next spring, I might just try an FN and see how that goes.

ill check with them. sorry i havent asked them ive been caught up but as soon as i know ill post it here

Sweet. I just emailed Joe and I'm going to be ordering one as soon as I can get in contact with him!!

Joseph Zakher

Maverick Arms Inc

1001 Industrial Blvd

Eagle Pass,TX 78852

1-800-363-3555

jzakher@maverickarms.com

THANK YOU!!!!!

Yes! joe is soo awsome and very helpful ! great person to contact ! :)

Joseph Zakher

Maverick Arms Inc

1001 Industrial Blvd

Eagle Pass,TX 78852

1-800-363-3555

jzakher@maverickarms.com

THANK YOU!!!!!

Yes! joe is soo awsome and very helpful ! great person to contact ! :)

Edna/Yvette,

Thanks

I let joe our superviser know about this order and that many of yall are interested, told him if i can refer him to yall ..contact him directly and he is more than welcome to assist yall so his info is on the bottom. :) if yall have any problems let me know

Edna/Yvette,

Thanks

I let joe our superviser know about this order and that many of yall are interested, told him if i can refer him to yall ..contact him directly and he is more than welcome to assist yall so his info is on the bottom. :) if yall have any problems let me know

and i will contact him directly