Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack - REVOLVER

gmshtr

All this Revo talk I forgot for a minute that this was a thread about Single Stack Nationals. As for the different flavor for the match in 2012 after the USPSA gets to run it, what does that mean? Will the match not be run as well? If thats the case I may need to discuss with the boss my going in 2011 instead of waiting till 2012. So many matches so little vacation time.

there COULD be a difference in 2012 with USPSA running it vs it being run as the SSC as it has been in the past. Ive already got the dates on the calendar at work and have told people not to expect me in those days, haha.

SO with USPSA running the show does that mean better or not? And what is meant by more resources? I have dropped my Limited shooting in April to concentrate on SS. It makes me concentrate more on the basics than my Limited gun did. The purpose for my doing so was to get better at SS so I feel confident enough to go to PASA Park and not embarass myself too awful bad. SS has certainly taught me humility. Anyway enough ramblings and back to my original thought, Should I plan to attend this one ready or not before the changeover? Thanks for the thoughts.

Revolver shooters are a proud and stiff-necked bunch. Any suggestion that you have to "water down" or "ease the arrays" of targets so "Revolver shooters can manage the stages" will be met with at best cold disdain, or worse, hooted derision. Design the stages, we'll figure a way to shoot them.

Personally, I like the idea. I've got no chance at beating Robbie with a single stack, but my odds go up once he grabs hold of a wheelgun. Even if he did shoot with them in the old days.

Yeah, this seems to be getting complicated...I thought the idea was simple and uncomplicated. I should know by now that this is never the case! Still think it's a good idea, though!

Maybe it's time to get away from the 8-shot arrays and 24-round max that have always been the tradition at the Single Stack Classic, and do a true back-to-back SS/Revo Nationals with true nationals-level stages! :cheers:

That get's away from the origional intent of the Single Stack Society which the rules are based on. I like the fact that its based on a lower round count, I wish the rest of the divisions ran lower round counts and focused stages on skills rather than number of rounds fired. I found the Nationals this year refreshing with an average round count of 20 rounds and some challenging shots.

Well, I was being kind.

I would prefer SS Nationals to be just that, no mixing in Revolver, Production, or L10 into the mix.

Every year I have has shot it, and unlike many here-it as only been since 2005, it has been a great straight up challenge to the fundamental shooting skills test. Nothing fancy, no "hold the case so the handle is above the hip bone" or two targets through a port a 1 yard and move three feet to another two targets through a port at 1 yard.

Honestly, it is probably the most pure shooting skill match I have ever been to....

Remember, Phil's suggestion was not to "mix in" Revolver or anything else. The suggestion was to shoot the SS Nationals, then run a Revolver match in back-to-back fashion immediately afterward on Sunday.

Everybody who wanted could shoot both formats in the same weekend!

Remember, Phil's suggestion was not to "mix in" Revolver or anything else. The suggestion was to shoot the SS Nationals, then run a Revolver match in back-to-back fashion immediately afterward on Sunday.

Everybody who wanted could shoot both formats in the same weekend!

I would do it. Why not, your already there, all its going to cost you is a entry, another night in a hotel, and ammo.

A gentle reminder...

Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.

No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.

Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.

Edit to add:

I removed a some posts that were going back and forth in a tit for tat. (and couple of posts that were caught up in that).

Kyle F.

Forum Administrator

Edited by Flexmoney

I would absolutely do that; except for me it'd be going backwards and shooting SS first. I've already got enough .45 ACP for Revo, and back-to-backing a dedicated Revo Nats on top of Single Stack would finally give me the excuse to go to IL for the match.

First, keep in mind that there is a major revo-only match, The Memphis Charity Challenge, and we had 70 shooters last year, plus a great prize table, great stages, and the general fun that is had when wheelgunners get together. Lobby for this match to become the Nationals, in my opinion.

Second, please don't change stages based on your perceptions of what shooters in other categories want. If we don't like something we'll let you know, but 6-round-neutral stages just make it boring. ICORE matches are set up that way, so there's already a game in town for that type of shooting. Not everyone is horrified at the thought of having to be creative or maybe throw in an extra reload here and there instead of just blindly yanking the trigger as fast as possible. ;-)

That said, I would love to see a big revo match after the SS Nationals, it would bring me back to Barry, skinny gun and all.

H.

Edited by Houngan