Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 spring recomendations

TheTailor

I'm going with a MB 147 CMJ with VV N320 and starting with 3.1 grains and working up to about 3.5 with an OAL of 1.125

Here is where I need help, I've been told to go with a Wolff 13lb recoil spring and stainless guide rod. I remember that much, but they also told me to change out the firing pin spring, but I can't remember what weight.

I've never tinkered with any springs before so any advice would be appreciated. I'm looking to swap out the recoil and guide rod, but if there are other parts to swap out to achieve better performance, please let me know.

Thank you!

Edited by TheTailor

I run 147 PD FMJ VV320 3.2 OAL 1.140 in my G34 and use ISMI 13# on polymer Jager guide rod also installed the Wolff trigger group competition pack which has a reduced power striker spring at 4#. All is well so far with probably 800 rounds. what competition are you using yours for?

With my Vanek trigger and Jager striker Iam able to run a ISMI 11 lb recoil spring with there captured metal guide rod. The 11 lb spring makes the gun shoot very flat. I have a ISMI 13lb spring also and also like that setup. I like the ISMI springs over the Wolff personally. This is on my G34

Edited by G34 CORDY

Hello: 13 lb ISMI recoil spring and there steel guide rod for Production. Use a Jager one for IDPA SSP. Use the Wolff 4lb striker spring. I also load to 1.150" and use Montana Gold 121 bullets. I am planning on trying some Black Bullets 130 grain soon. Read about the Glock trigger mods in the Glock section here. Thanks, Eric

This is the info on Wolff's web site (and here's the link so you can order: http://www.gunspring...cID=1&mID=5#127). When you get there, this info is a little more than halfway down the page.

Striker Springs

-Fits all Models

W. C. Wolff Company offers reduced power, factory standard, and extra power striker springs (firing pin springs) for Glock pistols. This spring will help improve the trigger pull.

Warning: This spring is for competition use only - not for duty use.

Warning: Do not use extra power striker spring with reduced power recoil springs.

• Reduced Power....: 4 Lb.
  • Factory Standard..: 5.5 Lb.
  • Extra Power.........: 6 Lb.

Striker Springs - Pak of 1

16161 GLOCK RP STRIKER SPRING 4LB Pak of 1 - $3.49 32251 GLOCK STD STRIKER SPRING 5.5 LB Pak of 1 - $3.49 32247 GLOCK XP STRIKER SPRING 6 LB Pak of 1 - $3.49 Add to cart:

Striker Springs - Pak of 3

16162 GLOCK RP STRIKER SPRING 4LB Pak of 3 - $7.49 32252 GLOCK STD STRIKER SPRING 5.5 LB Pak of 3 - $7.49 32248 GLOCK XP STRIKER SPRING 6 LB Pak of 3 - $7.49 Add to cart:

Striker Springs - Pak of 10

16163 GLOCK RP STRIKER SPRING 4LB Pak of 10 - $15.99 32253 GLOCK STD STRIKER SPRING 5.5 LB Pak of 10 - $15.99 32249 GLOCK XP STRIKER SPRING 6 LB Pak of 10 - $15.99 Add to car

I will be competing in USPSA matches.

I'll go with a 13lb recoil spring, 4lb striker spring, and a steel guide rod.

Thanks for the info.

Buy plenty of those and keep an eye on them. I used a 15lb for over a year and my gun did not lock up properly any longer. When I put a new one in it was amazing how much strenght they lose in a short period of time. With a G34 you can use the large frame G20 guide rod for just a little extra length. Easier to assemble.

• 1 month later...

I just swapped my 4lb striker spring back to the stock 5lb units because of light primer strikes. I would consistently have 1+ out of 100 rounds not fire of various brands of ammo. If put the round back through they would usually fire. Since I switched back to the factory 5lb I have not had one light strike.

Tim

• 1 year later...

Does anyone here think that I'll run into any issues with the slide not staying in battery with a 14# Wolff recoil spring and stock striker spring?

I like my trigger feel right now, so am hesitant to run a reduced power striker spring. Also would like to avoid light strikes.

Thanks!

Another question. What weight is the striker spring that comes packaged with a 14# Wolff recoil spring? 15#? 16#?

Thanks!

The spring that comes packaged with wolff recoil springs is the factory rated 5 1/2 lb. that they sell seperateley. It tells you on the packaging.

Does anyone here think that I'll run into any issues with the slide not staying in battery with a 14# Wolff recoil spring and stock striker spring?

I like my trigger feel right now, so am hesitant to run a reduced power striker spring. Also would like to avoid light strikes.

Thanks!

I have run a Glockworx 14# before, and currently run a 13# Wolff with a ful length Tungsten in my 34 now. at first there was a slight issue with the gun not going into battery with the GW, but it was all operator error, nothing to do with the spring. I found I was limp wristing the gun and that caused it to not go fully home. I've never run into that problem with the Wolff.

• 3 months later...
1340782364[/url]' post='1732766']

Where are you guys getting Wolff 13# recoil springs?

http://www.gunspring...cID=1&mID=5#109

I don't see any Wolff 13# recoil springs... But I would like to try one...

I don't know if there is a Wolff 13lbs spring, but ISMI offers a 13lbs spring. I have been using the ISMI 11lbs spring in my G34wink.gif

I'm going with a MB 147 CMJ with VV N320 and starting with 3.1 grains and working up to about 3.5 with an OAL of 1.125

Here is where I need help, I've been told to go with a Wolff 13lb recoil spring and stainless guide rod. I remember that much, but they also told me to change out the firing pin spring, but I can't remember what weight.

I've never tinkered with any springs before so any advice would be appreciated. I'm looking to swap out the recoil and guide rod, but if there are other parts to swap out to achieve better performance, please let me know.

Thank you!

Use the Wolff 14#. I like the ISMI ok, but they fatigue easy and lose about an 1/2"-3/4" length after 3000 rounds. Also, if using the light striker, use soft primers. I started getting light strikes with CCI after a few thousand rounds also. Went back to stock striker, gun runs like a champ! Just my .02

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a G35 and I use the ISMI 13# flat wire recoil spring from

Brownells. Stock # 445-000-012. A GM shooter from our club runs

the same spring in his G34. No problems at all and I like the way

the gun feels. Both of us use a Stainless Steel guide rod.

I may look into the Tungsten.