Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' World 3-Gun Shoot - August - 2014

The match is at the NRA Whittington Center, in Raton, New Mexico. It could affect whether you fly into Denver or Albuquerque.

If you have to fly into Denver, ship your mags together with the ammo.

Since Raton is almost dead center between Denver and Alburquerque, just fly into Alburquerque. Car rental seems to be cheaper in Alburquerque at that time too. It helps offset the difference in air fare.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was going to fly , I would try for Coloarado Springs and go with a big clear bag of high cap mags just to thumb my nose at them

Jamie, from my end Colorado Springs is a total PITA to fly into. I'd probably have to connect through Denver and wait 4 hours for the 1 hour drive. :roflol:

• 1 month later...

Just a little more info on this match for next year!

We've got a new website especially for the international shooters! http://rm3gworld.webs.com/

I know that people from outside the US need a good deal of lead time!

15 stages over 5 days with team shoots and a Junior Shoot-Off!!! August 5-9 with prizes etc August 10!!!!

Hope this helps! Please feel free to ask questions! Sponsors - feel free to sign up early! :goof:

Thanks,

Denise

We've got a new website especially for the international shooters! http://rm3gworld.webs.com/

15 stages over 5 days with team shoots and a Junior Shoot-Off!!! August 5-9 with prizes etc August 10!!!!

Hope this helps! Please feel free to ask questions! Sponsors - feel free to sign up early! :goof:

Thanks,

Denise

i would think that the 'veterans' from all the past RM3G matches would get first crack at signing up. ?????????

Thanks,

Denise

i would think that the 'veterans' from all the past RM3G matches would get first crack at signing up. ?????????

I think that if you have been at all eleven through 2013, you can use the international shooters form!!!

Make sure you let me know that on the application!

Denise

• 3 weeks later...

International shooters - let me know your concerns, and the difficulties you face getting here, so I can try to problem solve way ahead of time. I've started talking to Linda Chico, but will pick her brain some more.

Denise and JJ

Sounds like this could be a great replacement for the old SOF match!!

The biggest difficulty would probably be with what rifles can be brought in for the match. (Currently the handguns are not a significant problem, and the Benelli with a short mag tube is also ok.) I routinely get a BATF Form 6 that says the AR's are ok for temporary import, but my understanding is that all AR's are classed as "non-sporting" and therefore not eligible to enter the US even temporarily for a match. So the Form 6 allows what the US law may say cannot be done. The new BATF Form 6 NIA is a great improvement over the old system where we presented an invitation and guns at the border and where subject to interpretation of the border guard, but the non-sporting designation makes crossing the border with an AR a risky situation.

Heavy metal rifles would be a HUGE issue for Canadians. My FN's and HK are, by Canadian federal law, restricted to living in my safe. I can not get lawful approval to take them to any Canadian range and therefore can not expect to get a permit to take them to a border crossing to go to a US match. This is our problem, but it does impact the ability to shoot in heavy metal.

Ammunition is always a problem, except if we are driving into the US. The BATF Form 6 will allow the import of sufficient ammo to shoot the match. So for a Canadian willing to drive to the match, then ammunition is a minor matter. However flying to the match (with the 5 kg limit on ammo) is a huge problem from the point of view of ammo. Alternatively, flying without ammo to the match and then buying whatever ammo is available puts the competitors that flies to the match at a disadvantage (would have limited practise to see how the ammo shoots or patterns; may not be able to get "competitive" ammo.) A way to ship/import ammo into the US for this match would really be useful.

'Been travelling to/through the USA regularly for at least ten years... Always with AR's. Never had an issue/problem with bringing them in. US DHS/Border Patrol have never questioned the firearms listed on my approved F6NIA so... I ain't worried now. LoL

As far as ammo goes... Where there's a will there's a way.

Whittington plans to have some ammunition for presale, so it's ready when you get there.

And we will be working with sponsors and such to get some more available to you!

Thanks for the post! It's good to know it's been okay for you!

Denise

'Getting my guns across the boarder is the least of my worries... It's coming to terms with spending 6 days (3 there and 3 back) coop'd up in a truck with two other Hosers that's causing me some concern... LOL

Whittington plans to have some ammunition for presale, so it's ready when you get there.

And we will be working with sponsors and such to get some more available to you!

Thanks for the post! It's good to know it's been okay for you!

Denise

'Getting my guns across the boarder is the least of my worries... It's coming to terms with spending 6 days (3 there and 3 back) coop'd up in a truck with two other Hosers that's causing me some concern... LOL

Yeah...I got no help for you there! The perils of 3-Gun!!!! :roflol:

Any idea when registration will be?

International Registration is open now!

Applications for Americans will probably go up in November! Watch www.rm3g.com AND http://rm3gworld.webs.com/

I need to get done with this year's shoot and recuperate a bit before I can move on! :eatdrink:

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

Any idea when registration will be?

International Registration is open now!

Applications for Americans will probably go up in November! Watch www.rm3g.com AND http://rm3gworld.webs.com/

I need to get done with this year's shoot and recuperate a bit before I can move on! :eatdrink:

Denise

Thanks, yeah I should have specified registration for us from the red, white, and blue.

Looking in this thread,,, didn't see it,,,, in 2014 will thier still be the Good old, RM3G 2014,,

It will be "good old Rocky Mountain 3-Gun" but on steroids. :devil: There will only be the 15 stage World shoot! Everyone welcome!

Can't pull off doing 2 matches like this a year. This and He-Man is killing me this year!

We still plan a junior shoot-off and everything our loyal shooters have come to expect, just 6 more stages and some team scores and team shoots!

I know it's pricey, but it will be the shooting vacation destination...I believe! :goof:

In 2015, we will be back to 9 stages and our complete regular format!!

Denise

International get preference.

Then in November, early sign-up for repeat performers and newbies can send theirs in and get on the waitlist.

I am thinking that since we have more slots and it's more expensive, the waitlist may not be as crazy!!! :blink:

Who knows??

I promise to do my best to take care of everybody!!!

By the way, Shooting Gallery is already planning to come out as well as ATSN!!!

Denise

Looking in this thread,,, didn't see it,,,, in 2014 will thier still be the Good old, RM3G 2014,,

It will be "good old Rocky Mountain 3-Gun" but on steroids. :devil: There will only be the 15 stage World shoot!

but it will be the shooting vacation destination...I believe! :goof:

:surprise: Really?? :surprise: Keep telling that to yourselves and the rest of the staff. I'll let you know when I buy in. :ph34r:

To hell with the shooting industry, I’m already checking out massage therapists and a psychologist for sponsorships.

Boy,…..I can’t wait to see you at the end of this one!!! :roflol:

International get preference.

Then in November, early sign-up for repeat performers and newbies can send theirs in and get on the waitlist.

I am thinking that since we have more slots and it's more expensive, the waitlist may not be as crazy!!! :blink:

Who knows??

I promise to do my best to take care of everybody!!!

By the way, Shooting Gallery is already planning to come out as well as ATSN!!!

Denise

Thanks Denise, I may try and get on the wait list for this one next year.