Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Waiting For Scores

Micah

All too often the job of the stats person is a thankless position. Do your job correctly, and nobody says anything to you. Do your job very quickly and correctly, and nobody says anything to you. Make an error, fail to interpret scoresheets that look like they were put through a washer, or take a day or two to do scores, and people start to call you out.

After the USPSA.org website update, scores cannot be uploaded without the club director setting up their account. Due to this fact, scores from a local club match here in Ohio were *gasp* not posted hours after the shooting stopped. They will be up later tonight or tomorrow.

Basically, what I am getting at is the next time you are a match, seek out the person that does stats and thank them until you are blue in the face. When the scores come out, take 30 seconds and email them back letting them know that you appreciate them for taking the time to get scores out. Without them, the world would end as we know it ;)

Thank you Chris :cheers: You are the man behind the scenes that makes our club matches here in Ohio rock.

I kinda figured the changeover might have something to do with it. I also noticed none of the previous month's scores are listed. Is that a glitch with the new site or am I not hitting the right buttons?

Chris definately does a great job of getting scored posted quickly. Thanks for that.

Just to clarify. You LIKE waiting for scores to be posted?:blink:

I don't!

Does not mean I am going to hammer the stats guy though. I just don't like waiting.

Chris I am sure you are doing the best you can. It's OK. We appreciate you doing this week in and week out.

I'm reminded month after month how important the team is.... Month after month I see the same faces and have come to not only depend on them, but feel comforted by their presence. When the Fredericksburg crew shows up, I know a match is going to get built, scored, posted, torn down and put away. And its going to be done right.

As my first season as a MD comes to a close, I have accomplished more than I had intended, been more successful than I thought was possible, and again was reminded that the community of shooters who compete under the banner of USPSA are the best people.

Funny how a group of type a, blowhard narcissists can work so hard and selflessly just for the love of the game.

So Micah, I love waiting too... :cheers:

I kinda figured the changeover might have something to do with it. I also noticed none of the previous month's scores are listed. Is that a glitch with the new site or am I not hitting the right buttons?

Chris definately does a great job of getting scored posted quickly. Thanks for that.

The data storage for the scores was redone with the new web site (database instead of flat files). All old results are available by following the link on the bottom of the results page that says "Click to review results upload prior to October 1, 2010"

I'm reminded month after month how important the team is.... Month after month I see the same faces and have come to not only depend on them, but feel comforted by their presence. When the Fredericksburg crew shows up, I know a match is going to get built, scored, posted, torn down and put away. And its going to be done right.

As my first season as a MD comes to a close, I have accomplished more than I had intended, been more successful than I thought was possible, and again was reminded that the community of shooters who compete under the banner of USPSA are the best people.

Funny how a group of type a, blowhard narcissists can work so hard and selflessly just for the love of the game.

Well said.

It takes a team of folks to get-r-done.

If you don't have that team...job #1 would be to build it.

If you are on that team...start training your replacement !! :):)

Thanks to all that make this matches happen!

cheers.gif