Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was bored tonight and excited for the match, so I started to look at my driving route to the match. For those that are familiar with the range and the roads in and out, I could use some advice. I’m coming all the way from SC, so just trying to avoid any extra time in the car. I was planning on coming down I-4 to US-27, down to CR-630, over to the range. However, I just looked at Universal Shooting Academy’s website, and the directions from Orlando Airport (which I will basically drive past), says take the FL Tpke down to SR60 to SR630. This looks like its 40 miles longer. Is US-27 that bad? Is the longer route actually shorter time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have insight on US-27?

I was bored tonight and excited for the match, so I started to look at my driving route to the match. For those that are familiar with the range and the roads in and out, I could use some advice. I'm coming all the way from SC, so just trying to avoid any extra time in the car. I was planning on coming down I-4 to US-27, down to CR-630, over to the range. However, I just looked at Universal Shooting Academy's website, and the directions from Orlando Airport (which I will basically drive past), says take the FL Tpke down to SR60 to SR630. This looks like its 40 miles longer. Is US-27 that bad? Is the longer route actually shorter time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stoplights.

I was bored tonight and excited for the match, so I started to look at my driving route to the match. For those that are familiar with the range and the roads in and out, I could use some advice. I'm coming all the way from SC, so just trying to avoid any extra time in the car. I was planning on coming down I-4 to US-27, down to CR-630, over to the range. However, I just looked at Universal Shooting Academy's website, and the directions from Orlando Airport (which I will basically drive past), says take the FL Tpke down to SR60 to SR630. This looks like its 40 miles longer. Is US-27 that bad? Is the longer route actually shorter time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stoplights.

Thanks.

Stoplights.

From the airport area, is it worth going the extra miles down the FL Tpke to avoid the lights on US-27?

Today I am loading all my ammo. Jef Abernathy was able to replace my barrel for me last week after my little incident splitting the barrel. The more I looked at the ammo I could not find any more ammo that was that far off from the load data. I think I found four rounds that ranged between 9.0 and 9.3. I am thinking that those were not loaded during that batch but a few months ago when I was working up some loads and they were on the back side of the bench. I have taken all my loaded ammo and put it in an ammo can for pulling at a later date.

Back to the Florida Open preparation,

Starline brass, 7.6g Auto Comp, CCI SRP and 124g MG JHP. Looking at a PF of 170.

What was the round count last year. I am going to start the loading after lunch.

Then on to getting all my gear together, printing a list and checking it twice. THe last thing I want to do is forget something.

:cheers:

I cant wait

I've shot the FLA OPEN twice and I've never seen the stages beforehand.

I have two stages in the match, but since they are not posting the others.... :)

As it turns out I won't be able to make it down there. :(

Good luck everyone, wish I could be there with you, I just have to many other commitments and of course $$$

Get some good videos, I want to see how my stages actually looked on the ground.

Safe journey to you all.

JT

Contact USA and ask them if you can ship it there. Never know they may accept it.

Universal Shooting Academy

4300 C.R. 630 East

Frostproof, Florida 33843 USA

Phone: (863)635-3425

Fax: (863)635-5277

Email: frankgarciausa@yahoo.com