Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a new 1911

Mr Freeze

Greeting,

I am new to the forum but I have been reading a few post tonight and it looks like a great group of guys.

I am in the market for a 9mm 1911 and I have it narrowed down to a Springfield Loaded or an STI Trojan. I know that the Trojan cost a little more and seems to be harder to find in my area, but if it is worth the extra money, I don't mind paying it. I am a lefty so I need an ambi-safty. I plan to use the gun in IDPA. I am currently shooting a CZ 97B .45.

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

I have two 9mm 1911s: a Springfield Loaded and a Para 18.9 HiCap. I have had both worked on (what 1911 doesn't need to be worked on?) and both now have good triggers, fiber optic front sights, arched mainspring housings and some checkering. The Springfield needs ammo loaded to long OAL to be 100% reliable but other than that I've been mucho happy with the both.

Edited by Krag

I have owned a loaded Springfield 9mm and it was a good gun. I had mag problems but there have been a lot of new players added to the field since then ( 5 years ago). Today I would buy a Spartan based on what I have read and experienced.

thanks,

George

If I'm not mistaken, if you order it from Brazos Customs they can do it for you before they send out the gun.

I was about to buy a Spartan from Dawson, but I called Brazos and they had a Trojan with an Ambi Safety, fiber optic front site and mag well for a pretty good price so I bought it. I thank all of you for your help on this. Can't wait to get it. It is shipping out tomorrow.

Go to the 1911style pistols forum and type in Spartan in the search window at the top right corner of your screen.... Lots of really good threads on the Spartan 9mm.

Yep. Brings up about 15 pages worth of thread listings. I've spent the past couple weeks going through them. Lots of good info.

EDIT: Only about 5 pages if you confine the search to the 1911-style Pistols forum as Merlin suggested. I searched the entire brianenos.com forum for anything with the word Spartan. That's where I got 15 pages. Everything from Land Rovers to references to the movie 300. But there is some stuff in the dealers forums, the gallery, some competition threads and such that you won't find if you only search the 1911 forum. (On the other hand, ton's of the same info is repeated over and over, so I'm not sure you'd miss anything important by only searching the 1911 pistol forum.)

Edited by mgood

If I'm not mistaken, if you order it from Brazos Customs they can do it for you before they send out the gun.

I was about to buy a Spartan from Dawson, but I called Brazos and they had a Trojan with an Ambi Safety, fiber optic front site and mag well for a pretty good price so I bought it. I thank all of you for your help on this. Can't wait to get it. It is shipping out tomorrow.

That's Awesome!! Brazos was fast to ship mine out as well. I hope my video review helped out.