Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 cal recipe for 180gn zeros with tite group

z06pilot

BTW, my STI will run factory length rounds just fine, but your OAL would require lower starting loads than what you will probably get from most people here, me included. Play it safe, start lower and work up.

Curtis

come on....really........a new thread on 180gr TiteGroup loads??? rolleyes.gif

I typed "Titegroup" in the 10mm/40Caliber search box and at LEAST

500 threads popped up. It's all there and ready to go.wink.gif

You really couldn't find that info anywhere? :blink:

Hodgdon puts their reloading data online... http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp Use info for the Hornady 180gr XTP and it'll be close enough.

There are also a ton of posts on TG and Zeros in the .40 reloading section. This is on favorite loads:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17086&view=findpost&p=200694

OK, I would say cut the guy some slack. I just got my 650 up and running yesterday and I already have some questions about various things. It is much faster/efficient to ask a direct question and go back to the loading area than to search/read, search,read and so on and so forth. I realize and appreciate the value in reading the other posts, but when my time is limited, I would rather just ASK THE PANEL :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I would say cut the guy some slack. I just got my 650 up and running yesterday and I already have some questions about various things. It is much faster/efficient to ask a direct question and go back to the loading area than to search/read, search,read and so on and so forth. I realize and appreciate the value in reading the other posts, but when my time is limited, I would rather just ASK THE PANEL :devil:

Faster and more efficient than Google? Hardly:

Let Me Google That For You #1

and

Let Me Google That For You #2

- Alex

Yeah it seems that if someone starts a thread that has been talked about that person will be told it has already been talked about. If you go to an old thread and try to resume discussion or ask different questions, that person will be told that it's an old thread. So...only new topics then? I'll go back and read the newbie rules some more.

Yeah it seems that if someone starts a thread that has been talked about that person will be told it has already been talked about. If you go to an old thread and try to resume discussion or ask different questions, that person will be told that it's an old thread. So...only new topics then? I'll go back and read the newbie rules some more.

If it's a continuation of the old thread, I don't see why anybody would complain. Sometimes we'll tease someone when they add to a thread that's really old (usually trying to help answer question that was probably solved ages ago), but that's about it.

If it's a different question, then it should be a new thread.

There will always be thread overlap, but there are a number of topics that come up over and over and over....where someone could get the answer with a minute or two of searching. R,

Newbie to the forums here, but not a newbie to shooting.

My STI Edge will be here this week and according to Brazos who I purchased the gun from, a good starting point is below.

I've run about 50 rounds through my 650 with the following, will test it out when I pick the gun up this week, then makes changes.

My starting round:

OAL - 1.22

Powder - 4.7 grains of Tite Group, N320 would be my choice, as I've loaded it in the past with my PARA P-16, just hard to find local.

Primers - Winchester Small Pistol - Will try small rifle later in another load

Brass - Starline - New

Bullets - MG 180gr FMJ

Info below is what I received from Brazos

OAL - Length of the cartridge should be 1.22 inches

Powder - 5.0 grains of Vihta Vuori N320 or 4.8 grains Hodgon Tite Group

Primers - Winchester small rifle primers are recommended although small pistol primers will work also

Brass - Remington (40 S&W)

Bullets - 180 grain Zero JHP (40 S&W) or Montana Gold

These loads should make a 168 to 170 power factor. However, when

determining the load that will work best for your gun, begin by using

about 10% less than the specified amount of powder. Check for pressure

and check for velocity using a chronograph. Work your way up until the

load meets the desired power factor without showing pressure signs.

Faster and more efficient than Google? Hardly:

Let Me Google That For You #1

and

Let Me Google That For You #2

- Alex

Alex, I googled how did you do that but came up with nothing...so, how did you do that? Really cool.

Pops,

You know, the smart ass in me wants to do a Let Me Google That For You on how to use Let Me Google That For You...but I won't.

Just go to http://lmgtfy.com/, type in what you want to search for into the box, click "Google Search" and then you can either copy the link or click "Go" to see exactly what the search will come up with (this is critical if you intend to use LMGTFY to be a wiseass :roflol: ).

- Alex

My starting round:

OAL - 1.22

Powder - 4.7 grains of Tite Group, N320 would be my choice, as I've loaded it in the past with my PARA P-16, just hard to find local.

Primers - Winchester Small Pistol - Will try small rifle later in another load

Brass - Starline - New

Bullets - MG 180gr FMJ

Info below is what I received from Brazos

OAL - Length of the cartridge should be 1.22 inches

Powder - 5.0 grains of Vihta Vuori N320 or 4.8 grains Hodgon Tite Group

Primers - Winchester small rifle primers are recommended although small pistol primers will work also

Brass - Remington (40 S&W)

Bullets - 180 grain Zero JHP (40 S&W) or Montana Gold

Those are WAY off for my guns. I need 5.1gr N320 at 1.175" to make major out of my 5" with a Schuemann AET or my 6" with a Schuemann Classic.