Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Europeans in Serbia

sinnsyk

So just to let everyone know that is trying to get hold of me:

I'll be out of the country from Sept 2nd - 20th. You can get hold of me through email on my website, but give me a little extra time to respond as not all places I'm at (including my family's places) doesn't have internet. I'll also be shooting in Norway and tuning up prior to the flight to Serbia on Saturday 11th. We register for the match on Sunday 12th and the match goes from Monday thru Friday. Shoot Off and banquet is Saturday 18th. The Norwegian team/shooters fly back to Norway on Sunday 19th and I return to US on Monday 20th.

If you need to call me for any reason, my Norwegian cell is + 47 993 49488 (from us: 011 47 993 49488).

While I'm in Serbia I'm not too likely to pick up the phone as we'll be shooting all day. So make your call prior to Saturday 11th on my Norgie cell or call me Tuesday 21st at my regular US cell if there's anything.

;-)

Henning

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid me. I did some more research and found that the match is being shot all of this week ending on Sunday. I thought that it was being shot this past week/weekend. I guess we just have to wait until next Sunday to see how Henning did :blush:

Knowing Henning he is probably not happy with his finish. He was practicing a lot before the match and wanted to dominate out there. I think his shooing skills are comparable to Blake who finished second in Standard division. We will just have to wait to hear his take on the match.

another tanfoglio shooter who did well was Adriano,..I think he placed around 5th or 6th...He shoots a limited with the short dust cover, and the slide has been lightened. He usually wins the Steel Shoot off....(he rules on steel) In the 2005 Worlds he should have won the shoot off,...jam.

I think the match was very sneaky, at least for me. There were no long or short distance targets, majority of the targets were about 10-20 yards. Just far enough that you had to take some risks like shooting on the move with more C's or stationary with more A's. And there were a lot of short courses which I personally dislike it very much! 24 stages and only 4 long courses! :angry2: There were no hard targets just stupid mistakes! I had 3 mikes and 1 PT and just 6 D's, but don't ask me about C's :rolleyes: Well it was a first major match for me, so I took the lesson and first step is to buy a good book and start from beginning. I need fundamentals and speed, especially speed, because I move like a grandma :blink:

Edit: My Tanfo ran 100%!!!

Edited by Maks_H