Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swamp People

EEH

I ate some gator, it's pretty good cooked cajun style, a lot better than I expected and a hell of a lot better than the shark I was talked into once.

I have a problem picking something that I might like when there's something I KNOW I like on the menu, like jambalaya or T bone. :huh:

this show is growing on me now. I watched about 5 min of it one day and had to change the channel b/c i thought i was getting dumber :unsure:

Watched about half an episode last night ( caught the last half) and did think it was neat. Im not too sure if id get off my boat and go walking thru waist high grass after a pissed of gator on a hook... :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody watching the guns on tonight's (9/27) episode? From a

bolt action to a semi-auto to a lever action in 5 seconds or less?

Centerfire to 22 and back to centerfire almost instantly? The 190

series Winchester 22 with the ejection port on the right--then

the left--then the right again? It kind of ticked me off at

first--then I started laughing. :roflol:

I noticed that as well. I think it demonstrates how the producers see guns. They all look the same to them.

Jack

I noticed that also. I also took note of the awful condition a good many of the guns were in. Cleaning and lubing are not priorities I guess. This is also probably why they have several in the boat. I really got a kick out of the step son who went to shoot the gator and...click..gun was unloaded, grabbed another and...click...unloaded again???? If I was his dad I would have stapled a sign to his hat hanging in front of his eyes that read "Load Gun".....

I like this show. Actually, for the past few years I have been making the trip down there to ride jet ski's with a few hundred others. There is some of the best flat water twisty trail riding on the planet down there, Our main stomping grounds is the bayous connected to lake verret, where they caught big headsurprise.gif I heard that our favorite watering hole, Gros marine is on an upcoming episode.

I really like seeing how different areas of the country all have different cultures.

I saw the new show on History Channel,,swamp people,,real as it gets,,your thoughts

Saw this show for the first time yesterday. I was really surprised a .22 was the weapon of choice. Believe I would want something capable of slightly larger holes.

Cajuns I have met are great people. Hard working family types who always know how to have a good time.

I saw the new show on History Channel,,swamp people,,real as it gets,,your thoughts

Saw this show for the first time yesterday. I was really surprised a .22 was the weapon of choice. Believe I would want something capable of slightly larger holes.

Cajuns I have met are great people. Hard working family types who always know how to have a good time.

I was surprised at first as well. After thinking about it though it makes perfect sense. It certainly has the power and penetration to kill a gator. It also is cheep (guns and ammo), the rifle makes more sense than the pistol as velocity will be higher and it is longer than a pistol to keep a little distance from the gator and still get a acurate shot quickly. Best of all though if a shot went thru the boat, that tiny .22 hole would be eisier to plug, infact I bet a spent 22 casing would make a perfect plug (I wouldn't be surprised if it had been done already). Then again maybee a 500lb gator laying over a tiny hole would make a good plug also... :P

• 3 months later...

Just catchin up on some old episodes. Did anyone catch the lady who went into the cougar cage to determine the disposition of a new addition to their place?!

All she had were two skinny sticks? And before I get whacked with such, I know the escrima etc... :ph34r: ...but that isn't another "ninjer" ya got there on the other end of that stick.

She told the helpers/distractors - things would be ok with one stick, but if she had to use two...things were getting ugly...WTH?!

In she went. She indeed pulled stick #2 but still didn't get eaten. Everyone OK.

What kind of moxy is THAT? "I'm going to go at a big cat with a little stick".

That gal scares me...and yet... :roflol:

Spent a lot of time in the 'piney woods' and swamp area of Louisiana following Katrina and Rita and I have to say those are some of the best people i've ever met; just plain down to earth and living life as they know best. It's hard to understand that sort of lifestyle unless you actually see it, and the show does capture it. I enjoy it while my wife just rolls her eyes. To each his own....