Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TOP SHOT 10 - Season Finale

Nemo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iain's a local guy to me and I've shot with him a few times in the last couple months. He did not give a thing away that sneaky son of a gun. I know at the end of the show it said he still hasn't decided what to spend his money on. My suggestion would be sponsoring ME! :goof:

All kidding aside, it was really interesting to see the show go down. It really wasn't who was the best shooter in a vaccuum. I think nerves and pressure got to more shooters than any other factor. Take Chris and put him on a range all by himself with no pressure and I'm sure he'd remember that a .308 drops at 300 yards. But being that close to 100K everything goes out the window. If you want an example watch video of the 3 Gun Nation final shootoff at the MGM Ironman. That loser completely fell apart at the end. To do well at a competition like this it takes more than shooting ability. It takes focus and the ability to adapt. Iain has both in spades. Congratulations to him. I was just happy to see a 3-Gunner and a USPSA member win.

JJ should have called the Range Master for a calibration on that 12th plate on the dueling tree. I'm pretty sure he hit that one too but momentum or gravity or something caused it swing halfway back over. He should have demanded a reshoot.

I was hoping he would go to the final but I can't argue with the two that did. I also really liked the format of all three challenges in the final episode.

jj should have stuck with the bretta 92f. he was kicking with it earlier.

I don't recall that being on option on the stage he was eliminated on. I was thinking the silly TZ99 might have been a better choice for him but who knows. I just think that was a scenario where it kinda sucked to go first.

-ld

That was a brave choice of a final event, that luckily turned out to be a nailbiter. With knives and bows at the start, one of them could have been stuck there while the other cruised to victory, for no drama at all. I was worried about that when Chris said he didn't get to shoot the bow in the earlier episode. And to me at least it looked like his final bow shot was a little outside... Although with a spraypainted circle on a hay bale, there's quite a bit of benefit of doubt needed.

Did I miss something here or not??

In the game of Horse, Iain said "Smith and Wesson, double action, two hands" and in the clip where he shot it, the hammer was back in single action mode which makes it a much easier shot, yet when JJ ran it, he shot it correctly as a double action, which would make the shot more difficult.

I'm calling foul... (either that or he had the trigger staged for a LONG time)

Dave

A good double action shooter could stage the trigger and it would look like the hammer was cocked. Hold the trigger there while refining the sight picture and then doing the final squeeze. :cheers:

When I got today's Maku Mozo, I thought it was very relevant to Top Shot:

When you're betting for stones in an archery contest, you shoot with skill.

When you're betting for fancy belt buckles, you worry about your aim. And

when you're betting for real gold, you're a nervous wreck. Your skill is the

same in all three cases - but because one prize means more to you than

another, you let outside concerns weigh on your mind. He who looks too hard

at the outside gets clumsy on the inside.

-Chuang Tzu

IF I was JJ, I would have gone for the shoot-N-C targets, the TZ99 (the autoloader) and this...

25 feet, 10 rounds, 3 seconds, most hits wins! "Pick your gun, pick your target". They never said it was only one shot. The Shoot-N-C was the only non-franglible target there. Guaranteed win for JJ...probably. It might not have been allowed, but based on what we the viewers saw, it appeared possible.

i did not see this posted yet in here. every time they had a new weapon to use i told my wife i need that one. so i can practice that. you should have seen her face when the H&K 93 was on there. i think she knows how much that is. so i used the show to get new toys

jb

IF I was JJ, I would have gone for the shoot-N-C targets, the TZ99 (the autoloader) and this...

25 feet, 10 rounds, 3 seconds, most hits wins! "Pick your gun, pick your target". They never said it was only one shot. The Shoot-N-C was the only non-franglible target there. Guaranteed win for JJ...probably. It might not have been allowed, but based on what we the viewers saw, it appeared possible.

That would have been a great call Mark! When he picked the Schofield at 50 yards I got a knot in my stomach.