Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SHINGLES

EEH

Have always been told they are PAINFULLL,,let me tell you I never had anything like this before,,there is a shot you can take to prevent it,if you can go get the shot,,wish I had :angry2: DAM IT HURTS..

They not only hurt, but can be dangerous as well. The common place is on the back, from what I understand. My wife had them on her face, and had it spread to her eye, it can cause blindness. She was lucky, I think the treatment was a steroid.

Good luck with them.

I'm one of those oddities that had chicken pox 3 times as a kid. I'm hoping the 3rd times a charm because shingles sound much worse. A prayer for speedy recovery for anyone who has shingles.

PAINFULLL,, ,,there is a shot you can take to prevent it,if you can go get the shot,,wish I had

My wife and I asked our primary care physician if she'

give us the vaccine for shingles IN APRIL. They've

been telling us that it's backordered ...

Still waiting to get ours.

I never got chickenpox when I was a kid.

But for US immigration, I had to get the vaccine, which I guess is a good thing.

Are there any meds you can take to alleviate some of the symptoms? Hope it clears for you soon!

Shingles attacks the peripheral nerves, my doc prescribed Neurontin and it helped a bit but it really lingers even with meds.

One thing you'll hate is that it is more likely to recur when your immune response specific to Shingles go down. They say the after the episode, it lies dormant and goes back into

full swing when your immune response goes down. Not looking forward to it. I feel your pain...

I'm one of those oddities that had chicken pox 3 times as a kid. I'm hoping the 3rd times a charm because shingles sound much worse. A prayer for speedy recovery for anyone who has shingles.

I had it twice as a kid; mom, three times for her too. I was told however, if you have a bad enough case, you're done. My last one was a doozy.

Shingles I understand can be VERY painful. Hopefully you're not experiencing the same kind of heat we are here in Texas; that certainly can't help.

Good luck. Hopefully it passes soon.

I got exposed to it at work... I freaked out for a while because the guy who had it looked to be in PAIN.. I was told that since I already had chicken pox as a kid, that the likelyhood I would get shingles is very small..

...wait, is that a spider bite?

To answer all the questions,,it was on the right side of my face no problem with the eye,I had a bad bad bad headache,did not go outside mostly gone now, still a little pain,but I will get the shot in three months,thanks for all the well wishers,it was as bad as you have heard it was.I guess now the mods will close this one,thanks for leaving it open,if you are over 60 get the shot Eddie

PAINFULLL,, ,,there is a shot you can take to prevent it,if you can go get the shot,,wish I had

My wife and I asked our primary care physician if she'

give us the vaccine for shingles IN APRIL. They've

been telling us that it's backordered ...

Still waiting to get ours.

The Walgreen's in Hopewell VA had a big sign outside today, "SHINGLES VACCINES HERE"!