Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM09-12 Any Given Sunday

Everyone seems surprised that their percentages on these new classifiers are so high. Makes me wonder if the HHFs ought to be reevaluated.

I think once the new classifies get shot by more M and GM shooters the HHF will go up quite a bit.

Joe W.

Do HHF's really get adjusted over time? I assumed they were fixed, since they're typically nice round numbers.

My score seems to be 98.3374% so it is slightly different than 98.87% calculated above. I mean, slightly :)

That's very interesting. cmcalc gives the same result that I calculated, so it's not just me. :roflol:

According to the Classification Course Book, USPSA is using a simple linear function to calculate the percentage. I wonder if they would change the HHF midway through the monthly update? That just seems wrong somehow.

Brad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I shot this one all from the same side. It was definitely not my best day, but I still felt like shooting all from the same side was slower than shooting 3 targets from the strong side and transitioning to the other side of the barricade for the final two shots.

I'm yet unclassified, but I went 7.51 seconds and 36 points for a hit factor of 4.7936. A C class shooter who I beat on every other stage that day by a decent margin shot this one in 5.85 seconds with 32 points by quickly transitioning from one side to the other.

I think this would be a good one to practice at different angles for the last target in order to get a feel for at what angle it makes sense to lean, and at what angle it makes sense to transition. That seems like good data to have for future stage breakdown decisions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PGM34, that's great news! I checked the calc and it's not showing scores yet.

Shot it today: Production: 4.82, down 2pts. 7.88HF

I shot the left target, then the right, ended in the middle. I didn't want to lean around the barricade for the left target.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I shot Any Given Sunday ( CM 09-12) today, my hit factor was 6.3032, not the best, but, not to bad either. Anyway, I went to run it through the Classifier Calculator and its giving me a 0.0000%, damn, do I suck that bad? :) is this classifier still used. I'm a B class shooter hoping to move up, I shot 2 A class scores today also, and was thinking Any Given should have ben one too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...