Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Swarovski Z6i BRT reticle?

esskay

Looks like a new ballistic reticle is available for the Swarovski Z6i?

http://www.swarovskioptik.us/en_us/products/57

.thumb_500_500_Zielfernrohre_Z6_Z6i_1_6x24_Z6_1_6x24_L%5B95%5D.jpg

The BRT illuminated reticle:

.thumb_310_405_BRT_I%5B1798%5D.png

The tree is just mil based, so you'd need to work out your dope & holdovers for it.

Curious if anyone has impressions of it yet, I saw Mike of CS Tactical made a brief video about it but it was a little cursory.

Edited by esskay

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it!

Me too. The price tag makes it completely unattainable for me, though.

I want one bad. I love my current Z6i except for no hold over marks now this model has it. I wonder if they can swap out reticles for a fee?

Pat

A good step in the right direction, but those stadia tree lines are kinda heavy... and the vertical line going up from the center dot is totally unnecessary.

I wonder what the size of the dot is (?)

They told me at SHOT last year that I could get one...but then couldn't figure out how to place the order for that model. Go figure. Wonder if they will actually be for sale?

Alex

The Z6i with BRT-I reticle is a great scope. The glass is extremely clear, the reticle is not too busy, and the illumination is daylight visible without being turned to it's maximum setting. The illumination switch has at least 32 levels of brightness settings with two memory settings. Personally, I like the horizontal and vertical lines -- maybe not 100% necessary, but useful to me in making sure the rifle is horizontal when shooting long range.

I will be using the scope at RM3G and will have it at the Pan American SG match also. If anyone wants to take a look at or through it just find me and let me know.

Andy

A good step in the right direction, but those stadia tree lines are kinda heavy... and the vertical line going up from the center dot is totally unnecessary.

I wonder what the size of the dot is (?)

The center dot on the standard z6i is 1.5 moa on 6x and 9 moa on 1x.

Pat

The Z6i with BRT-I reticle is a great scope. The glass is extremely clear, the reticle is not too busy, and the illumination is daylight visible without being turned to it's maximum setting. The illumination switch has at least 32 levels of brightness settings with two memory settings. Personally, I like the horizontal and vertical lines -- maybe not 100% necessary, but useful to me in making sure the rifle is horizontal when shooting long range.

I will be using the scope at RM3G and will have it at the Pan American SG match also. If anyone wants to take a look at or through it just find me and let me know.

Andy

Andy how are the stradia lines set up. Can you use them easily for hold overs at say 300, 400 and 500 yards. Thanks

Pat

I shoot 69gr SMKs at 2800 fps.

My drops are:

175 zero (orange dot)

300 first drop (first cross bar)

400 second drop (first black dot)

480 third drop (second cross bar)

525 fourth drop (second black dot)

Altitude has a big effect of course. But they are .75 mil drops. Turrets are 1.5 cm clicks.

Swarovski's online calc is very accurate:

http://ballisticprograms.swarovskioptik.com/BRT_us.html

Edited by boomfab

As boomfab said, the Swarovski ballistic program is very accurate. Since I often shoot two types of ammo, I used their website (and Photoshop) to create a card which has both sets of data on it.

Ammo 1

100 zero (orange dot)

280 (first cross bar)

380 (first black dot)

480 (second cross bar)

560 (second black dot)

630 (third cross bar)

***I round these off to 100, 300, 400, 500, 550, 630 to make it easy to remember while shooting -- and these estimations are pretty close for both types of ammo.

Ammo 2

100 zero (orange dot)

297 (first cross bar)

400 (first black dot)

483 (second cross bar)

551 (second black dot)

611 (third cross bar)

Andy

The reticle is finer than it looks in the illustration.

OK, that actually does look pretty good - thanks for posting. Do you know the moa of the center of the reticle before the heavy crosshairs start? (Might work well to bracket an IPSC target at close or medium-short range... )

Also, is the magnification throw lever just 180 degrees across the top from 1x to 6x?

Edited by Xfactor

As boomfab said, the Swarovski ballistic program is very accurate. Since I often shoot two types of ammo, I used their website (and Photoshop) to create a card which has both sets of data on it.

Ammo 1

100 zero (orange dot)

280 (first cross bar)

380 (first black dot)

480 (second cross bar)

560 (second black dot)

630 (third cross bar)

***I round these off to 100, 300, 400, 500, 550, 630 to make it easy to remember while shooting -- and these estimations are pretty close for both types of ammo.

Ammo 2

100 zero (orange dot)

297 (first cross bar)

400 (first black dot)

483 (second cross bar)

551 (second black dot)

611 (third cross bar)

Andy

Andy

Does your zero and holdovers change across different magnifications?

Thanks

Nick

The reticle is finer than it looks in the illustration.

Off.

On at a medium brightness.

On at maximum brightness.

Ok that's enough! I am unsubscribing before I end up $2500 poorer.

Andy,

I'll be taking a look thru your scope at the PanAm if you don't mind.

I really like my z6i. The BRT reticle acts like a large chevron for short range blasting. The super good glass has superb clarity so you see long range stuff @ 6X that would take 10X with other scopes to see. The magnification is low enough that long range has minimum mirage even at 100+ temps over road base deck. Lightweight, short length, at least I dont regret (too much) spending the money for it.