Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flags flying half staff

WDB

Don't have anything against him and I wish his family well but, that's what he was a business man. MLB can lower their own flag, not the Nation's. I fear we are losing our way.

I agree.

I believe there is a written standard for the display of the Red White and Blue.

I understand that everyone has tried to show thier patriotism since 9/11 but to see the state and unauthorized display of the colors in many cases just pisses me off.

The flag is not a bikini top for your jeep, nor is it meant to be flown off your antenna until it is in shreds.

And there are a select few that it is authorized to be flown at half mast for!

Mildot

i havent seen any flags lowered yet, but ive been inside all day since i heard about it. we'll see what i see on the way home. as much as an MLB icon as he may have been, i see no reason to drop the flags for him

Yeah, it bugs the crap out of me. Where I work they lower the flag for everyone it seems.

Print the above flag code and educate the person who is responsible for raising and lowering the flag.

CYa,

Pat

Yeah, it bugs the crap out of me. Where I work they lower the flag for everyone it seems.

Print the above flag code and educate the person who is responsible for raising and lowering the flag.

CYa,

Pat

Brother, if only it were that easy.

CYa,

Pat

Brother, if only it were that easy.

I completely understand. Might make you feel a little better.

Take care,

Pat

I'm glad someone else posted this because lack of respect for the flag really burns my bacon. For the current topic, I agree with what everyone has written about the flag at half staff. Displaying it that way for Steinbrenner? Give me a friggin break.

It also infuriates me when I see people hang the flag the wrong way. (not having the union in the upper left). And what's worse is when I politely tell them it's wrong, they tell me "No, that's the proper way" :surprise:

One of the rules that a lot of people are not aware of is "The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free". Every year at the Super Bowl they bring the flag out and strech it across the whole field. Big no-no.

I am not happy about this one either, they don't teach much about the flag in school anymore and what is it only 15% of the country joins the military? I remember one of my favorite teachers in grade school was a WWII vet and we learned a lot about honoring our beloved flag from him, the sad thing is he served our country and when he died...no flags at half mast, only the one draped on his coffin.