Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I have become a germophobe. After a bout of viral meningitis a year ago, I'm petrified of getting its deadlier cousin, bacterial meningitis. As a result, I'm constantly washing my hands after I open a door, etc., and use hand sanitizer after pumping gas. And the thought of using a pay telephone grosses me out. :wacko:

I think I have become a germophobe. After a bout of viral meningitis a year ago, I'm petrified of getting its deadlier cousin, bacterial meningitis. As a result, I'm constantly washing my hands after I open a door, etc., and use hand sanitizer after pumping gas. And the thought of using a pay telephone grosses me out. :wacko:

Ken,

IMHO that is NOT irrational.

Other than that comment, I have no comment.

Travis F.

I was at the doctor yesterday and told him I had an irrational fear of anesthesia, he said "no fear is irrational". So what makes a fear rational or irrational? If there is something to fear (meaning some negative consequence can possible occur, no matter how remote) then isn't it rational?

Travis and rtr,

I hear ya. I guess it's not so much the fear that is irrational as it is the way in which you behave in light of your fear. I didn't tell you how many times a day I wash my hands. Not to mention all the cleaning I do of stuff that others have touched. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I also have a fear of asking a question on the board without doing a search. That explains why I've spent much, much more time reading than asking around here. I can say, though, that that rule works; I've learned a ton while watching others get spanked for violating the rule. :D

I know that ShooterGrrl also has an irrational fear of bees and wasps. She's not even allergic.

Ken, good for you. But I don't think we're hard on people who don't search... me and Flex and Singlestack just tell it like it is without the spanking. I don't want to become a bitchy forum nazi who lashes out at anybody who doesn't follow the rules.

I fear the death jam, the squib, the double charge, the AD, and the DQ.

Most of all I fear that they will run out of the tres leches cake at the dessert counter of Home Town Buffet before I get done with my meal and I have to settle for that cheescake stuff with the watered down strawberry jelly that they use for a topping.