Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First local match

Biloxi23

Yesterday I shot my first ever pistol match at our local range. It was hot, 95 degrees, there was no wind, I drank 4 bottles of Gator Ade and three waters and was still thirsty, and I loved it! I met my goal for the day, which was to have fun, not get DQ'ed and to not shoot a good guy. Before the first stage I was so nervous I could barely load my magazines. When I was walking to the starting point for my turn I was sweating bullets, and belive me it wasn't the heat. I finished for the day somewhere in the middle of the pack, and had a blast. I knew a few of the guys there, and really want to thank my friend Gerwin Henn for nagging me into shooting the match. I also met eome really nice and helpfull guys. I also owe a big thanks to this site and all the information I read here for beginners. This will not be my last match.

• 3 weeks later...

First match is always the toughests. Now that it's over and you didn't get DQ'd simply focus on having fun and the rest will come with practice! Oh, and it's an expensive addiction but well worth every penny.

What you have to do know is convince someone else to go shoot a match. If we all bring at least 3 new guys a year, and those new guys eventually bring new guys, and so on, we can make this sport HUGE! I honestly think we are sitting on the brink of an explosion in the popularity of shooting sports.

I have learned, over the past six months, that most people have no clue that USPSA is so easy to get into, and some have no idea it exists.

When I bring new guys, they always say the same thing I did when I started, "I wish I had known about this sooner!!"

Welcome to "crack" for shooters!!

BSG