Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glocked brass

EEH

Was shooting a match last Sunday,one new guy was shooting Glock 22-40s&w this is his brass--I don't know--

Edited by EEH

Most of it was bent so bad I just threw it in the scrap bucket,,we picked up at least 50 pcs. but the gun never stopped shooting,,some of you Glock doctor's what's wrong :wacko:

in a 1911, that would be a result of the brass being partially trapped as it exits, the extended ejectors pretty much 'cured' that, sounds likethe owner ofthe gun in question has doen somthing to his Glock(popular around here is the 9mm/.40 swap) and he is using the shorter 9mm ejector, btw....the brass isnt trash(lest its berdan primed) if time is taken, a small dowell in the case mouth an rolled aroundto get the dent out, its quite serviceable, just a lil more in the prep to reload is all, an with brass bein as scarce as it is??? im a rollin all that dented brass hehehe

It was mentioned that a lengthened ejector could cure the problem, could it be that the ejector is broken off to some degree? I had a friend who shot a GSSF match and went to the armorer to have him just look over his pistol and he pointed out the ejector was broken and replaced it for him. It was hardly noticable to us rookies. The pistol had been running just fine, but I don't recall the shape of his brass.

I see this sometimes from from the cops shooting smg at our range. Often the dent comes out at resize almost all the way, and then really taken out at the powder station. Sometimes they even straighten when I U die them.

JZ