Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10th Annual Silver Buckle Shoot

10th Annual Silver Buckle Shoot

May 29-30, 2004

- Hosted by Sage Pistol League, Ridgecrest, CA.

- 4 Shooters in Class - Silver Buckle for Winner

- Random drawings for other prizes.

- Entry Fee $100.00

- 10 Stages

- 250+ Rounds

- Match Flyer

- View/Download Match Application

- On-Line Registration (Now Live Link)

- Stage Layouts (Now Available)

Contact: Gary Tilley - 760-377-4967 or Frey's Gun Shop - 760-375-9690

TheOtherErik,

Sage Pistol League is my club :wub: - so anything I say would be prejudiced :P

But, you are welcome to browse the match results for the last 9 years - see if there is anybody you know who has shot one of the matches and get their opinion.

There are photos of many of the matches.

Go Here For Silver Buckle Results

Just click on the first drop down menu and select your match year and click on the GoTo button.

BTW: In the first match - the club had its own classification system - not USPSA. In 1996 they went to actual USPSA Classifications.

If you have any further questions, just ask. ;)

Hope this helps.

dvc

Jerry

I shot the match for the first time last year (and Sucked). It was a pretty darn cool little big match, not really a major match. The RO's were great, and the staff a bunch of fun. The stages last year varied from a couple eight round speed shoots to full on run'n gun stages, with a big quota on accuracy and memory. I'll be back this year.

I shot it a few times, so did Nolan, ShooterGrrl, and her #1 fan.

Don't expect a USPSA legal match. Some things I remember were a mixture of IPSC and Classic targets on a stage and unapproved steel plates of strange shapes and sizes. Oh yeah, the one thing that really irked me: US Poppers worth 10 points in a written course description that said misses were -10. I left one up and got a -20 penalty for it. "But the course description says..." "Tough, the rulebook says..." "But the rulebook says USP are 5 points..." "Tough."

And I think $100 is a little steep for no prize table or cash payout, not benefitting a charity.

Big Erik - it WAS a great match, at one time! We quit showing up when the Frey's quit hosting it :) If Katie is running the show, then it's well worth your time to go and shoot.

Be warned - the heat sucks! I got extremely sick the last time I went! So sick as a matter of fact, that I didn't finish the match and have had *real* problems handling high temps since.

Shooter Grrl,

Ron & Katie Frey will be there this year. Katie is still VP of the club.

Since the match is at the end of May, the heat shouldn't be too bad. :P

Of course, I've lived in this desert since 1979 - guess I'm used to it. :D

Jerry

• 2 months later...

Dave,

As of 20 April - there are 40 shooters signed up for the match.

23 registered on-line (4 GM and 3 Masters - so far).

So far we have shooters registered from:

Philadelphia, PA (1)

Ft. Benning, GA (2)

Las Vegas (2)

Arizona (6)

New Orleans, LA (1)

We hope to get lots more.

dvc

Jerry

Theo,

I don't have a problem with you signing up the day of the match, but I'm only the stats guy.

Check with Gary Tilley, he's the club president. His e-mail link and phone number are at the start of this thread.

dvc

Jerry

Howdy folks,

Please do come join us for this very special 10th Anniversary match. It will be bigger and better than ever. I'm one of the organizers at Sage Pistol League and I will be your photojournalist for the weekend. If you're up for it, I will snap a big BE Forum Family Portrait and post it here for posterity.

davecutts,

That 38 round stage was designed by the Club President - Gary Tilley, he likes to shoot.

Total match round count is 272 rounds with the lowest round count stage being the classifier with only 16 rounds.

See ya there.

dvc

Jerry