Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10th Annual Silver Buckle Shoot

FWIW

The Carriage is where I would stay if I was bringing the family. It has a nice pool, it's own coffee shop and a laid back adult watering hole for after the match. :)

Carriage Inn 760-446-7910

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I shot The Buckle in one quick run Sunday morning. Like last year a great match put on by an even greater group. All ten stages presented a good shooting challenge, but nothing impossible for regular folks. I got to meet Jerry who's been very helpful getting my Prado match scores up on the area two web site. Even Better by the time I drove home showered and kissed the wife the scores were on line to scrutinize. Thanks to the folks who put on this match, I guess it took help from three clubs. I'll be back next year.

Unlike last year I didn't suck eggs. I came in second B limited, shot well into my class against Taran Butler, and Travis Tomasie. I had less penalty points through the whole match then I had on some stages last year. Better yet I walked off with a nice benchmade form the prize table.

I second the praise for a great match. We made a road trip down from the Bay Area and had a great time.

Very nice stage designs: 10 stages and none of them that I wouldn't want to shoot again, although if the designer was serious about putting the horse on springs for next year, I might need more padding! The open squadding was great for getting through the match fast but it did mean that we didn't get to meet as many people as we might have liked.

Great people and a great match. Our group are making plans to go down next year already!

The only thing that confused me for a while was the prize table but then I had a realization: There's a very small prize table consisting of around 20 Unique Silver Buckles. In conjunction with the match, there's a large raffle with all kinds of neat gear. Then it made sense.

This was my first big(ish) match and it was fun to see how I did. Despite some ammo problems (soon to be the subject of a hate rant!), I didn't embarrass myself :P.

Thanks to Jerry and Jerry and every one else at Sage for the effort that went into making this happen.

See you next year,

Kevin

I was one of the crew from NoCal that came down with kdj, and agree that we all had a blast. The weather cooperated (warm, but not blazingly hot). The stages beat me up, but I still had fun, and went home with a gun from the raffle anyway (well, I didn't go home with it, but you know how it works - Jon Dimberg groaned when he heard I lived in Kali :D ). The RO's were great, cheerleading even gross incompetents such as myself, which was heartening. There were some GM's there to watch slackjawed (got to see Travis do the reload thing - even more impressive in person). Food and water were thoughtfully provided. The only possible lack was of vendors, but perhaps I was expecting too much of a (relatively) small venue match that isn't intended to be the Nationals.

Wonderful time, wonderful job done. We'll be back!

Kevin C.

All I can say is wow and thank you to the Sage Pistol League. It was a blast. Special thanks to the Tilley's and I hope they can make it up for the Golden Bullet. There are some pictures of the stages here. Just click on the silver buckle album. You can see the outhouse we had to shoot in and the horse that we had to shoot from.

Watching Taran, Travis, and ong45 shoot was an awesome treat as well.

The prize raffle was good to me too. I made out with a new pair of behind the head Peltor 6S electronics muffs. I will definitely be making an effort to come back next year.

Kevin, Kevin, Alvin,

Nice to meet your guys at the match. I took those group shots for you in front of the saloon. :rolleyes:

And we greatly appreciate it too :-).

It's great to be able to associate people with usernames.

Keep mentioning the saloon and you'll get more people next year (but don't mention the horse! :P)

Kevin