Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What shotgun ammo for MGM Lolipop Spinners

Mbauer67

What is the best shotgun ammo to use on the double Lolipop spinners like those used at the MGM Ironman? Meaning the shooter has to rotate the spinner at least 360 degree's.

Anyone who has shot this type of target, what works and what doesn't?

Thanks

It's not just the shells.. the chokes matter too.

Last year.. #4 Buck worked great. Federal Low recoil 00 buck worked good too. I think they amostly spun with 2, rare was 3, and at least once with one. The #4s were some odd stuff I had.. it was cheap and once I'd used it all, then switched to the 00.

I ran a LM choke all match.

It also depends on how stiff the lollipop is set. You can vary the spinning resistance of them from very loose to really hard to spin when you set them up.

Jeff

Some of my club members swear that MGM is in league with the ammo manufacturers on designing this target.. they hate it when I pull it out for practice. :devil: For shotgun, LM or Mod choke can spin it with #6's m(4 or 5 shots).

#4s put a good hurt on them.

• 3 weeks later...

If the spinner is bit far away, use some #4s or some kind of buck in a HOT load and you'll be fine.

I've found low recoil buck isn't too great at a distance.

Edited by boomfab

Some of my club members swear that MGM is in league with the ammo manufacturers on designing this target.. they hate it when I pull it out for practice. :devil: For shotgun, LM or Mod choke can spin it with #6's m(4 or 5 shots).

#4s put a good hurt on them.

I only wish I had one to practice on :angry2:

Anyway, at IM this year I used standard Remington Express 2 3/4 9-pellet OO Buck w/ a 22" 1100 and LM choke. Spun them in two.