Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 5 Championship

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

No idea. I believe that the assistant match director posted in another thread that he is pretty busy at the moment.

There might be some camping information in the Single Stack Nationals thread since it is at the same range.

There is a Manny Bragg class the Tues & Wed before the match. It looks like you can sign up for the class at the match site.

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea when info concerning match hotel, self-squadding, or stages will be posted?

Does anyone know if there is camping nearby?

Sorry I haven't been on top of this as much as I could. I've had a lot of stuff going on at the local level. I'll call Ray now and light a fire under his ass. :P What I can tell you is that we are waiting for Ray to get me the stages and then Dale Hayen, from Tri County Gun Club is going to do most of the work with the online squadding for the match. I would expect something to break in the next couple of weeks.

EDIT: I spoke with Ray, he was in a meeting. He said he would get back with me soon. When I have something further I will post it here. Also, you can keep cheking the A5 website, when I get something it will be posted there.

Best

JT

Edited by JThompson

• 3 weeks later...

I applied to work it. i always learn plenty working a match. Looking forward to it.

yeah and he is dragging my fat butt over there to work it as well.

Not touching your butt.

Approval status is still "pending" according to USPSA site. But other Area & Sectional matches occuring around same time have the same standing.

I am rather upset that my credit card has been charged the match fee w/o it having received final USPSA approval of the match. It would be nice to have some information posted on the A5 website soon.

Approval status is still "pending" according to USPSA site. But other Area & Sectional matches occuring around same time have the same standing.

I am rather upset that my credit card has been charged the match fee w/o it having received final USPSA approval of the match. It would be nice to have some information posted on the A5 website soon.

could just be that they have not finalized the stages to send in for approval from the NROI, I would not sweat it, these guys have been putting matches on for a long long time and always have good ones. Alot of the same crew are helping with the SS Nat's and getting ready for it.

Area 5 is always a great match to go and shoot.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

Is there a paper form to fill out and send in not the credit card page, i can't use a credit card for match fees?

Yes, under the section that says, "Match App" :P

I'll save you the trouble...

http://a5match.info/files/app.doc

and for the Steel Challenge side match

http://a5match.info/files/steelapp.doc

Best,

JT

Edited by JThompson

Any word from Ray on who's working the match.

DId you apply? If so you should hear from him, if not send off an email to him. Contact info all available from the A5 website.

JT

Applied in December.... But no word from him..

T

Got it... I asked Ray for a list of staff and will post it on the A5 site when he gets it to me. We will also open the squadding very soon. Like this weekend. ;) Dale Hayen did the matrix, and it will look the same as last year.

JT

EDIT Ray says he will email all staff members by Monday. If you don't get an email drop me a line and I will confirm for you.

J

Edited by JThompson

When will the stages be posted?

I have 15 of them to post so you guys can select your favorite and it will be included. Possibly more than one of them with be selected. I will post those in a new topic with a poll. I'll speak to Ray about the rest of them and let you know.

Best,

JT