Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting L10 - which gun to use?

Pro2AInPA

I'm planning on shooting some Limited 10 in the future and I'm looking for advice on which of my guns to shoot.

I can either shoot my Glock 35 that's set up for limited and only load 10 in the mags . ..

Or I can shoot my single stack 1911 with 10 round mags. I'm fairly certain I still have the single stack inserts for my CR Speed mag pouches laying around somewhere . .

Which route would you guys take?

If you're comfortable using the G35 in Limited, the change to L10 is the number of rounds you load and your reloads. The platform is the same. Changing to a singlestack adds changes to grip, index, trigger, safety, etc...

Been there...

just my thoughts

When faced with such a delima I defer to the accuracy test. Set up a fixed course of fire and run both guns thru keeping track of time and hits.

Most of the time I find that the gun with the better hits is the one. I use a hit factor of 4.5 to determine which gun is faster in points per second.

You might want to throw a reload into your test course since there could be significant time difference in reloads between the two guns.

A side benefit is you get the confidence you need to shoot the gun in a match from the testing.

When faced with such a delima I defer to the accuracy test. Set up a fixed course of fire and run both guns thru keeping track of time and hits.

Most of the time I find that the gun with the better hits is the one. I use a hit factor of 4.5 to determine which gun is faster in points per second.

You might want to throw a reload into your test course since there could be significant time difference in reloads between the two guns.

A side benefit is you get the confidence you need to shoot the gun in a match from the testing.

This is a good idea. I'm limited as to what I can set up at my home club's pistol range, but I can work up a little something.

This is also a good time to buy a new GUN :devil: good luck

A new pistol isn't in the cards right now. I had an AR stolen and needed to replace it, and I need to scrape together some cash for a new shotgun as well. :blink:

Which one are you shooting regularly now? If you can shoot the same gun in two divisions you'll do better than shooting different guns.

I've been shooting limited and production with the G35.

Shooting my first two single stack matches this weekend.

I started with L-10 and a single stack. I got pretty good on the reloads too. Now I shoot it with a 2011. Even on a half-assed day, almost as fast as a good day while keeping up with practice on the single stack. On a good day, it's not even close. 

OTOH, getting decent at single stack reloads pays dividends on everything with a bigger magazine. 

Which one are you shooting regularly now? If you can shoot the same gun in two divisions you'll do better than shooting different guns.

I've been shooting limited and production with the G35.

Shooting my first two single stack matches this weekend.

I think there is your answer. Use the G35 for Limited-10. Plan your game like you do in Production but with the added benefit of the Limited go-fast goodies.

• 2 weeks later...