Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2004 Va Summer Blast

Since the Area 7 and Summber Blast are scheduled for the same weekend, the motivated invidual can shoot both. The match registration staff for both Area 7 and Summer Blast will do everything they can, including bending policies, in order to get people who are shooting both matches slot times which will let them shoot both. All you have to do is be registered for both, and the match staff will work with you to get you the squad times you need - even if the squads are already filled on the "first come, first serve" basis.

• 4 weeks later...

For those attending the Summer Blast! Bring your shotgun with you, we will have a two stage shotgun side match set up for friday afternoon & all day saturday. If I can find additional help, the shotgun match will be available on sunday. Two speed shoots 5 or 6 rounds each. Reshoot as many times as you need. Cash payback. Thanks, Karl @ GT

Great Karl! Will bring the scattergun. I plan to help out w/ RO duties most if not all of the summer blast. For those who do not know Karl, he is a long time supporter of the summerblast who makes excellent steel targets designed specifically for USPSA/IPSC; not all the steel out there stands up to constant open gun abuse; Karl's steel is extra hard & seems to last forever.

• 1 month later...

Well, despite the best efforts of my workplace to keep me in Ohio, it does look like I will see you guys at the Summer Blast, as well as the Buckeye Blast. :)

Hmmmm, since both are 'Blasts'.... maybe I can come up with some type of 'Blast' thing. You know, something if the same person wins my stage at both events.

Anyone game? Anyone going to both matches?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another reminder: Summer Blast will have a SHOTGUN SIDE MATCH..... two stages..........and we have added another stage as a completely seperate event.

Shotgun speed shoot: Three clay birds, arranged much like the steel stage Triple Threat, $5.00 for two runs, enter as many times as you want..... this will be 100% payback..........either winner take all or top 3 takes all. We had this stage at the NJ Steel Challenge and BE member Chris Martin from the Boston area won the match with a .88 for the 3 clays and he backed up his run with a .92 and a .95 in the same string. Winners check was $235.00 for the clays ONLY.

BIRD SHOT ONLY.............SEE YOU AT SUMMER BLAST, Karl @ GT

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a few prelim results. Phil Strader thinks he won Limited over Todd, but wasn't sure. I'm real sure Dave Sevigny put the smackdown on me and Turtle in Production. But I was happy that I did shoot about 92% of Dave. Turtle said he was another 50 points behind me. Don't have a clue on the other divisions, since I didn't see the results and didn't talk to anybody that was in the top of the other races. That's all I know...

Yeah, curious about the shotgun results, both the match and the clay shoot.

When I shot the clays Friday, 1.26 was on top, and I was still in for top 3 with my 1.32. I'm confident that didn't hold for long!

What was the winning time on the 3 clays? Cool sidematch, sponsored by GT Targets.

That was a cool match. Over 250 shooters, (1) half day format, 10 stages and great weather on Sunday. It was good to finally meet Carlos and John Thompson. Some of the stages were close to being the same as last year but they were still fun. I'll be back.

Hello, I have preliminary results from the shotgun steel match & the clays.

Please send and email and I will send you complete results. My email address is sales@gttargets.com Thanks to all the shooters that came out to support the FOP. Here are the partials, I'm trying to get the last of the scores from Larry to finish the shotgun results. Later, Karl @ GT

Clays match:

.85 Brett Simon

1.08 Tino DiMattina

1.11 Karl McKeever

Steel Match:

Limited:

4.72 Jim Norman

4.99 Kert Gaskill

5.40 Marc Lipp

Pump:

8.00 Bernie Rhee

11.26 Doug Gilbert

Open:

5.35 Brett Simon

5.77 Dennis Viar

5.90 Pat Brate

Another awesome match, drawing a field of incredible talent. Good stages, good variation, great staff, and even the weather was good. The only thing I wasn't happy with was dropping 57 match points to Matt on the dreaded chicken stage and him beating me by 49 points....oh well. Good job Matt, we'll get Dave next time. :lol: Thanks to all who helped put on a great match and to all who showed up to shoot as well.

Regards,

Todd