Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Hawaii

project-c2

Been shooting since I was 7 and got out of it for a while. Then started an airsoft practical pistol shooting league recently. Now building a gun to compete in USPSA with real guns. Hope I haven't picked up too many bad habits... LOL

Cory

Good to see another Hawaii shooter on these forums. Hope to shoot with you one day.

:cheers:

Hey JimmyZip,

There are clubs on Maui and Oahu. If you come to Maui, we'll be more than happy to have you shoot with us.

valleyislesportshooter.com and mppl.net schedules on there.

Welcome Corey. Where you at on the islands? What clubs are around you? I would love to shoot there sometime in the future. We usually get there once every 5 years.

Honolulu, HI Oahu. MPPL is the club my friend belongs to. Definitely! Should be fun.

Good to see another Hawaii shooter on these forums. Hope to shoot with you one day.

:cheers:

Hey JimmyZip,

There are clubs on Maui and Oahu. If you come to Maui, we'll be more than happy to have you shoot with us.

valleyislesportshooter.com and mppl.net schedules on there.

Is Gavino's club still active there?

Is Gavino's club still active there?

Randy Gavino, has moved back to his native Phillipine Islands where he has begun construction on his own range and club. But Randy's Hawaii club, the Rhat Rhat Boyz still goes on without him and has small kick but* matches. Rhat Rhat is a small club but the guys who put on the matches work really hard to put on great matches with limited resources.

The biggest club is MPPL Mid Pacific Pistol Shooters which has been arround for ever. They do a great job too. And we maybe have another club starting too.

Oahu (where Honolulu is) has no place to legally practice but we got lots of club matches. Maui and Hawaii (another Island) have their own small clubs but have some really excellent shooters.

So if you see a Hawaii shooter at a mainland match, they learned just about everything OJT not practicing. How many of you mainland guys would go to a big match having never practiced and never had a chance to try out their mags? But that's what Hawaii guys do.

Edited by Aloha Robert

When I was there that was the nice thing about having one of our monthly matches on the marine base some years ago - we could test out big sticks there prior to shooting on the mainland.

But regardless of how much or how little practice we had, we would still do the infamous Hawaiian reload......where you drop your big stick with 20+ rounds in it because, well, you are used to reloading like you were shooting single stack.

And since I still see the same names as regulars, I am sure MPPL is still a fun and nice club to shoot.

Aloha everyone im from the island of kauai where shooting is very limited once to twice a month i started loading back 2004 but ive been shooting back home before i moved to hawaii as you can see i still have my filipino on my grammar.back home PPSA is realy a major event i was so interested to join.right now that im in hawaii i took my citizenship just for the fact that il be able to purchase firearms and learn more about shooting competition.Ive been spending so much money for all my ammo and reloading equipment but as ive said range down here baresly open cause our club just borrowing the range from a military base.ive been testing load for rifle and pistol im a rooky compafe to you guys but i would love to learn more and maybe oneday i will get shoot with you pro people.thnx forum for all the help mahalo 808 n cocobolo for answering pm's.right now we have this pistol competition coming up its not limited no power factor rules its just how fadt and accurate you are.if anyone wanna help me on my load from your experience ill be glad to listen specialy from all you co hawaiians ill leave my number here call me anytime 808 634 7288

everyone is so profesional here so ill trust your advice

herea what i got to play..again no power factor rules just ACCURACY

STI EDGE 40 federal brass and winchester nickel n350 AA#5 bullseye powders.remington winchester small primer.i also have rifle primer(which i heard people says add on speed)CCI4 remington and winchester.MG 180JHP who has good experience using tgese combo..

Mahalo everyone..aloha

bjay