Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Uspsa Rules

Gary Stevens

Some motions died and were re-worded and brought up as a new motion. Sometimes we had to vote no on a current motion, knowing a new and "improved" motion was on the way. It is kind of confusing just to read it. When a motion is posted, there is a lot of discussion and possible ways to make it better or someone might notice an unintended consequence. So it might be that you wind up voting against your own motion, so that you can vote for a better version of that motion.

If you see more than one motion on the same rule, the one that finally passed would be the final vote in most instances.

Hope that helps.

The "Tactical Division" creation was in the previously posted minutes. It is simply a "Limited Division" rifle with a single optic, coupled with a Limited Division pistol and a Limited Division shotgun. It did not need any further modification since it did not exist in the IPSC rule book.

Ahh...so what was posted today is ONLY the modifications to the IPSC rulebook. Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification Gary. :)

So, does this count as "publishing" per the by-laws? Any idea when the effective date of the new rules will be?

Edited by kimel

Some motions died and were re-worded and brought up as a new motion.  Sometimes we had to vote no on a current motion, knowing a new and "improved" motion was on the way.  It is kind of confusing just to read it.  When a motion is posted, there is a lot of discussion and possible ways to make it better or someone might notice an unintended consequence.  So it might be that you wind up voting against your own motion, so that you can vote for a better version of that motion.

If you see more than one motion on the same rule, the one that finally passed would be the final vote in most instances.

Hope that helps.

Although what Gary says is true, there is a more accurate explaination - I re-wrote the on-line system the board uses, and there was an error in the import process. The re-written system does not keep a history of individual votes, just the "real vote".

The purpose of the re-write was to move to a database driven system, so that minutes would be posted directly from the system used to distribute motions to directors and tabulate the votes. In addition to increased accuracy, it gives the USPSA president the ability to post motions simply by checking the "post minutes" button on his control panel.

I would caution against drawing any inference from the multiple votes previously posted. In at least one case, I personally hit "submit" when I had the wrong box selected; noticed my error and immediately corrected it. In another case, I changed my vote for a motion so that I could work for an improved version of the same motion.

Also, the board members review the results of each motion before they rsults is "accepted as valid" and posted.

• 2 weeks later...

question...

in the new rules... JR age is 18 and under? or UNDER 18?

im asking because its about turning my entry form for nats. this year...

right now im 17, but by nationals ill be 18 - so im not sure if im sending the adult fee, jr fee, if i can sign the form or what not...

thanks