Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So let me tell you about the newest

hopalong

I had been thinking for a while about how I like shooting my 646 (I have short fingers and the L frame is just a little easier for me to manipulate) but didn't particularly like the 4 inch barrel.

So during the winter time I purchased a 686 6" barrel had it rebored out to 40 and installed on it. I did not get to play with it at all during the winter as my fiancee Elizabeth wanted to shoot it at ICORE Southern Regional so we set it up for her and I played in SSTK and Production all winter.

Elizabeth talked me into going to Area-4 (I had not planned on going) so the Monday before A-4 I get it out of the safe and go to the range with some reloads to test.

IT shoots better than I do (accuracy wise) and even though my bullets I use in 40 are not perfectly round Round nose they are the next best thing to it. My reloads were acceptable for not shooting a revo since the SOUTHERN REGIONAL ICORE match.

Recoil shooting minor is SWEET. Recoil shooting Major is a snappier, faster feeling recoil over the 25 and 625. I did not like shooting Major in it at all before I had it rebarreled. <_< now I don't think it is much different than the N frames except the snappy feeling vs. the shove feeling the N frames have.

I put a front sight on it made by Warren (Toolguy)(He put a nice crown on the barrel too) and a Millet rear. I do all my own action work and chamfered the cylinders myself too. I put a Miculek grip on it as that is what I'm used to and went to A-4 more to try it out in a major match than anything.

I never had a single sticky cylinder/brass issue as I used Nickel plated but I don't think that will be an issue anyway (I used brass when testing and loading to make my match ammo), and I never had to run a brush through the cylinder during the match to clean it either. (I used Precision Delta 180 grn fmj bullets 4.9 grns Vita Vori N320 and Federal Small Pistol loaded to 1.150 length.

I really like this little revo, if anybody has one laying around they'd sell me for a couple hundred dollars I'll do it again. :goof: (so Elizabeth can have one again)

Hopalong

my fiancee Elizabeth

Fiancee????? Wow, this is news to me, Hop!

Reminds me of that line from 48 Hours where Reggie says to Jack: "You've got a lady? The generosity of women never ceases to amaze me."

:roflol:

Edited by Carmoney

I'm tired of looking for a 646. I gave up one arm for one of my 625's and a leg for my other 625. I need the other leg to stand and the arm to hold a gun. So........who did the work? I do have a 686 that's collecting dust.

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes:

Would one of ya all give me the deminsions of a 646 cylinder,i.e.; circumferance,

measurement of the web between cylinders and the thickness of the cylinder ouside

wall into the cylinder bore. If ya have them :D

Jim/Pa

Sailors :D