Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Multigun Championship

Gotta add another voice to the chorus of happy campers. This match rocked! I learned so much and as a noob I wasn't overwhelmed by the stages. The RO's were hard working and helpful. The sponsors were generous and I plan to sing their praises far and wide. Sheldon told me I had to shoot this match and he was right. He and his crew did a tremendous job. It was well organized and well executed. And Kevin, if anyone can sweet talk mother nature into making the winds mild, I'm guessing Sheldon can! :lol: Now I can say I've eaten LaRue BBQ - that stuff was so good that I may suffer withdrawls over the next few days! Good thing I got some 'dillo dust to tide me over till next year. :cheers:

Edited by carinab

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stage 1

Zulu Dawn, Shotgun

57.5 seconds

Stage 2

Battle of the bulge, rifle/shotgun

49.05 seconds

Stage 3

Stalingrad, pistol/rifle

53.45 seconds

Stage 9 - Bastogne, Shotgun

On start signal engage targets as they become visible from within fault lines. 28 birdshot.

55.62 seconds

Stage 10 - Airborne Misdrop, Pistol

On start signal engage targets as they become visible from within fault lines. 37 pistol.

29.69 seconds

Stage 11 - Market Garden, Rifle

On start signal engage targets as they become visible from within shooting areas. 30 rifle.

51.38 seconds

Edited by Kevin Holman

This was easily the coolest match I have ever shot in and was proud to be a part of it. I can't wait to see what Sheldon has in store for us next year.

I RO'd stage eight and the amount of support we got from match staff and officials was amazing. We ran ahead of schedule all three days!

I was helping with the tear down and came across a Glock magazine. If anyone knows the owner, please contact me.

Thanks to all that help put this together and the amazing support from the sponsors. If you picked up something nice, please let them know!

Jon Taylor

Remember Stage eight is great!

I threw this spreadsheet together... to make the standings easier to read. Totally unofficial and I dont claim any responsibility for my mistakes. :-)

Spreadsheet Results

So the price table was walked based on points?

Also impressive that someone managed to get 395 points on stage 6 :)

Hopefully the match wont be as close to BRM3G next year so I can do both, sounds like I missed a really good match...

Top 10% per division went first, then the rest were merged by points into one list.

To change the subject - I heard that a shooter fell off the bridge and did not DQ? No 180, gun did not hit the ground, etc, so correct call, but ... is there video?

Lee

Top 10% per division went first, then the rest were merged by points into one list.

To change the subject - I heard that a shooter fell off the bridge and did not DQ? No 180, gun did not hit the ground, etc, so correct call, but ... is there video?

Lee

Yes, I saw it and video does exist. (I don't have it)

He had an excellent recovery and a good finish when you consider that! :cheers: (I was there when it happened)

No complaints at all about the match - other than the dusty wind which is not anyone's fault.

I'll definitely be in Texas next year - the directors, RO's, and sponsors ran this match like a clock on the night of daylight savings time (an hour early :lol: ).

-Cameron

Lee

tierani hendrix has it on video (whether or not she will post it somewhere is questionable). Chris recovered so well that he still beat the average shooter on the stage.

Edited by GorillaTactical

My hats off to all involved. :cheers: This match was fantastic. Sheldon and his crew did a wonderful job. This was the most enjoyable match I have shot in a few years. It was a "shooting" match with a great theme. No gimicks, not a track meet, but a well managed test of everyone's shooting. I truly cant wait for next year. It was a fun and enjoyable match and squad 15 had a great time together. The dust and wind were not pleasant, but I think much more welcome than rain.

Thank you Marcy for assisting and allowing Sheldon to facilitate such an orchestrated event. He was always concerned about the shooters and made every attempt to accommodate. I think he succeeded rather well. :bow:

Thank you to all the generous sponsors, and a huge Texas THANK YOU to Mark LaRue and LaRue Tactical. You guys go way above being a class act. You have set the bar. LaRueBQ was phenomenal as well. Without such a generous industry of sponsors, much of what we do would not be possible.

Sometimes I hate to say all these "Thank Yous" because I may not name someone. So all involved...again THANK YOU!!! Congrats to Taran Butler, Mike Voigt, Barry Deuck, and Kurt Miller for winning your respective divisions.

Thanks again Sheldon and Family,sponsors and crew!!!! :cheers:

Tod Litt

Great photos Big Lucky, but I have to ask.....

Why is that guy carrying a Taser ????

He is a sheriffs deputy and was wearing his full duty rig. I don't think he had it with him after Friday.

True on both points. The dust that covered anything and everything and then some was the main reason it got left home.

Match was awesome. Can't wait for next year. Also want to emphasize the caliber of people, from the shooters to the staff to the ROs to the MDs to the hosts.......only saw great attitudes that were welcoming of everyone.

Edited by AustinWolv

Well organized, perfectly executed, one of the best multigun matches I've shot. And not a single stage thrown out. Everyone cross your fingers Sheldon opts to run this match next year.

Lee

I was the RO, this shooter is all ways "First Class" even with the step off the bridge , his recovery was so quick that I had to put an arm out to help Tierani stay -up range- of him. His fourth step on to the bridge is what caused him to track off the side. I was happy with my score for the stage and he came with in 4% of my best effort.

His words at the end after all the congratulations was "Not the best thing you want to hear after shooting a stage"

"Great Recovery! "

We only had to give two procedural penalties over all three days not including the time out FTE

Edited by AlamoShooter

Nice job. Were you happy with your performance?

Ahhh not really...I had some serious shotgun malfunctions on several stages which seriously put me back (timed out with steel standing on stage 1). Still a fun match though.

Edited by GorillaTactical

I'll chime in and say this match was fantasticlly run by the RO's and MD's. I have an inkling of how much work really went into it, and it paid off in spades!

The RO's were all working with smiles on their faces, and EVERY stage ran smoothly. We never got backed up, and were always ahead of schedule. That's a first for my shooting career!

I was really excited to see the crew improve on the success of last year. I'm looking forward to next year, and I'll again be one of the first people to have my application in!

Aaron

I still have nightmares from the 09 match at Tiger Valley. 20-30 mph crosswind on the day my squad shot the long stuff. It actually blew the OBR off the table between shooters!

I just got home, and yes the wind was (Category 09) the area lakes are full wind warnings.

The wind was so strong it Blew the Smart rite off my A*s :goof:

What I can say about this years match, is that next years match may fill up in .003 seconds ;)

If this match was a ride a Six Flags, the line would start in Oklahoma

And yes, it is about the Shooting

NO more information out of me :P

;) I thought this would be a good time to bring up a post form 8 days ago :goof:

I TOLD YOU !

OK I may be wrong about ware the sign up line will start, <_< South Dakota ?

Edited by AlamoShooter

To Sheldon, Marcy, Alexa & Jacob :cheers:

To the best damn bunch of RO's and Match staff I have ever served with :cheers:

To Mark LaRue, Paul and Team :cheers:

To ALL of our wonderful sponsors :cheers:

To the shooters - Professional, Friendly, Courteous! :cheers:

To Best of the West Texas Shooting Range :cheers:

Events like this one solidify and strengthen friendships as well as introduce you to those who soon become friends. Thanks everyone for such kind commentary on the match. Those of us that poured long hours into the effort have been overwhelmed by your warm remarks. I am ready for next year and the Pacific Theatre!

Cheers,

Kyle

Wow, what a match! This is was my first Major 3-gun match and 4th 3-gun match overall and I can't say enough about how well everything went. THANK YOU to all of the staff, RO's, Match Director and everyone else that had anything to do with this match. I'll definitely be back next year.

How great was it that Larue took one of our shooters guns, that broke, back to their shop, fixed it for free and brought it back to him in under an hour ready to go! How freaking awesome is that!!!

Thanks again to all the sponsors and to Mark Larue for all of your help and your staff as well! See ya next year...

Chad