Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

POV Shotgun loading

Where exactly in that video is there evidence that the rounds are anything but dummy rounds? From what I saw it would take someone making an ASSumption to come up with your accusation, which as you well know is the mother of all screwups <_<

Nice job Keith, I like the vids.

Edited by smokshwn

Thanks for the 1st person on how it is done. Also for making it available to other shooters. Alot of times we are left to figure this stuff out on are own and it is nice when a good shooter shows us what they do. I think I need to get rid of my forearm holder and 6 round belt clips and try to learn this.

I see it from your POV, I've watched you do in a match many times and I still can't figure out how you do it so fast every time. I get lucky every once in a while and can get 4 in in under 4 but you do it faster than that every time and make it look easy while doing it. Amazing and painful at the same time.

Edited by TMC

I think there are many techniques that are effective. The key is finding one that your hand/body can master. As Todd points out this can be painful, so finding a technique that does not hurt "as much" as the others is the trick. Working with Ron Avery (Practical Shooting Academy)on how to break down the technique really helped me. We were able to figure out what was the most consistent way to load while standing still, moving, knelling, etc. That was the key for me, Ron's great at breaking things down and teaching you why it works.

Jesse, the technique Keith and I use is the same, Shell containment, closing the hand around the shells, thumb never leaving the lifter...etc. The only difference is that I don't drop the shotgun and load at the shoulder, everything else is the same. Nice video Keith!

Jesse, the technique Keith and I use is the same, Shell containment, closing the hand around the shells, thumb never leaving the lifter...etc. The only difference is that I don't drop the shotgun and load at the shoulder, everything else is the same. Nice video Keith!

It looks slightly different to me??? Could it be that I am doing it wrong? :(

Sounds like I need to be retrained over a cold one or two. :cheers:

Edited by jtischauser

No that is waaayyyy different to the way Kurt teaches it. It also looks faster on camera, I also think it beats the way Kurt told me to do it.

I am switching ! ;)

Edited by mike.45

No that is waaayyyy different to the way Kurt teaches it. It also looks faster on camera, I also think it beats the way Kurt told me to do it.

I am switching ! ;)

LOL! Not a chance. Kurt gave me my first lesson in the weak hand load at the 2008 Mystery Mountain match. I practiced all year and won an all shotgun stage at the 2009 SMM3G. The only difference is that I bring the gun down. My hand becomes retarded at shoulder level and all the shells end up in a yard sale. Bringing it down keeps me from doing that too much.

Next year I'm going to use a 20g and load eight at a time ;)

Keith..

We all took a vote, you load too fast for Tactical. You're considered Open from now on.

Sorry dude.. I was on your side...

Dave

Or the rest of us could all move to open so we dont have to compete against Keith...

• 5 months later...