Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KISS vs RCBS bullet feeder any experience?

The KISS Bullet Feeder is now known as Mr.Bullet Feeder and it is awesome. Should work in any machine that accepts standard dies. Works by stacking bullets in a drop-tube, then the weight of the "stack" is what helps to partially seat the bullet on the case mouth. The collator simply keeps the drop-tube filled. I highly recommend this product over all else. :)

Edited by Chris Keen

The KISS Bullet Feeder is awesome. Should work in any machine that accepts standard dies. Works by stacking bullets in a drop-tube, then the weight of the "stack" is what helps to partially seat the bullet on the case mouth. The collator simply keeps the drop-tube filled. I highly recommend this product over all else. :)

Which means that putting the bullet in the case and seating it are 2 different stations?

The KISS Bullet Feeder is awesome. Should work in any machine that accepts standard dies. Works by stacking bullets in a drop-tube, then the weight of the "stack" is what helps to partially seat the bullet on the case mouth. The collator simply keeps the drop-tube filled. I highly recommend this product over all else. :)

Which means that putting the bullet in the case and seating it are 2 different stations?

as far as i know, the only machine that inserts and seats at the same station is the GSI feeder.

as far as i know, the only machine that inserts and seats at the same station is the GSI feeder.

The Lee does it too but as GSI as well as Lee dont work with a LNL both are a no go

I don't have a Hornady, I have a Dillon 650. But like I said in the post above, the Mr. Bullet Feeder uses the weight of the bullets stacked in the drop-tube to partially seat the bullet in the case mouth ...... so no, it doesnt fall over when the machine indexes the shell plate.

Edited by Chris Keen

The Lee does it too but as GSI as well as Lee dont work with a LNL both are a no go

I would be surprised if the Lee did not work, it is held in place with the locking ring under the die. I love it but I need something to keep the tube full, cause putting the bullets in the tube is a pain.

I can't say enough good things about the KISS/Mr. Bulletfeeder product. I've loaded 60K rounds with it now (not much for many but a big number for me over the years) and I truly can't figure out how I got by without. sounds like a shill post but its really not. Almost all that loading was pistol (9mm, .38 special, .45 ACP) but have just started .223 and it's the same face-palm all over - why didn't i buy the conversion earlier!? PM or reply if you have more questions about how it works. I don't know anything about the LNL, but Rick Koskela at Mr. Bulletfeeder should be able to answer any of your questions about what presses it will/will not work with. his email is rick@mrbulletfeeder.com.

-jared

I have a GSI for my 1050 and a freind has a KISS for his 1050, I prefer the GSI but the cost is an issue.

The biggest advantage with the GSI on a DIllon 650 or 1050 is that you still have the powder check in place. The KISS you have to pull it out.

For those who want the best value product that is reliable then the KISS beats them all.

Give Rick a call and go for it.

You might be able to get the Lee Bullet feeder to work on the LNL. There's a video floating around where someone fitted a Lee bullet feeder onto a 650. I think the only "modification" required, was drilling/tapping a small hole in the ram, and using an L-bracket to pull the rod on the Lee feeder. I think it's on this forum somewhere... but I imagine you could do the same thing to an LNL.

Edited by Ken8521

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

To those using these units, how many are using lead? Any issues with the unit gumming up from the lube? If so, how often do you need to clean the assembly?

I have the same question.

search "+bulletfeeder +lead", couple of threads on it. I have loaded about 12,000 cast lead .45 projectiles, about 10K 200 gr LSWC and maybe 2K 230 round nose. need to break the unit down about every 500-1000 rounds and clean out the bullet collator, feed spring, and bullet dropper with brake cleaner but that is likely because I am loading really cheap bullets that I can buy locally (valiant) and they have a soft and "gummy" lubricant. the lube used on oregon trail bullets is much harder, so you may get less interruption if using a bullet like that, but admittedly oregon trail is quite a bit more expensive then the ones I am using. either way, the custome service and support I have gotten from Mr. Bulletfeeder has sold me on their feeder, would reccomend it without hesitation.

• 3 months later...

I have no experience with RCBS but I have been using the Mr. Bulletfeeder for about 4 years. Last Tuesday, I talked to Rick about a caliber conversion. I had the parts in hand Friday morning. Considering the machine I have is an early-model KISS, he had to do some extra work to complete the kit. 2.5 days from call to arrival (using UPS ground) ain't too bad.

Good product and good dude!

Later,

Chuck