Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revo in 357 Sig

blackflyguy

John,

I am sure I did not need to see this thread to call you "crazy", but wasn't the 38 caliber Major Power revolver challenge addressed before the Hindenberg exploded? Will 357 Mag, 38 Special 38 Short and Long Colts not fit in your 28 now?

Have you ever heard of a Bain and Davis 357/44? 44 caliber charge holes are even bigger than 10 mm ones.....

Craig

You are dashing my dreams of a 627 chambered in 9x25 dillon.

John,

I am sure I did not need to see this thread to call you "crazy", but wasn't the 38 caliber Major Power revolver challenge addressed before the Hindenberg exploded? Will 357 Mag, 38 Special 38 Short and Long Colts not fit in your 28 now?

Have you ever heard of a Bain and Davis 357/44? 44 caliber charge holes are even bigger than 10 mm ones.....

Craig

Hey Craig,

You know me, gotta be different and try stuff. Remember they all laughed at Mr. Edison !!!!

John,

Craig

You are dashing my dreams of a 627 chambered in 9x25 dillon.

Let not the naysayers dash our dreams, as Americans, we have a God given right to try stuff and fail if we must, but we TRY !!! Who knows, it just may work real cool, or maybe not, but try we SHALL

My real reason for this is I think a .38 cal bullet hitting a .40 cal cylinder will be very fast

I don't think anyone doubts THAT part of the equation. I am curious to see what happens but must confess that I don't think it will work out. Maybe running full moons would help?

-ld

My real reason for this is I think a .38 cal bullet hitting a .40 cal cylinder will be very fast

I don't think anyone doubts THAT part of the equation. I am curious to see what happens but must confess that I don't think it will work out. Maybe running full moons would help?

-ld

Yes, the moonclip conversion is a definate. All my revos have been milled for moonclips, the only way to go as I no longer need speedloaders as I don't shoot from behind blue barrels wearing a vest anymore, call me "retired" from that game!!

I have a 686 38 super with an extra cylinder. Had the extra cylinder bored out to 9x23 so I could shoot tapered cartridges. Some loads, whether in 9mm , 9x21, 9x23, or 38 super work, fine, others back out against the recoil shield jamming up the gun after 3 or so rounds.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John-

I'm back from the World Bianchi Cup in Germany. Had a good time, ate a lot of good food, picked up 4 Gold and 1 Silver medal. It was a pretty good vacation. :cheers:

Now it's back to reality. Send me your parts and let's see if we can make it work!

All the Best - Warren

Congrats my revo bro !!!!! I am in the middle of way too much right now, our 100th ZSA match this Saturday, a new range hosting ZSA Tuesday night, matches at 2 locations 200 miles apart on Thursday, shooting/working NC Section Match next Fri-Sun, 2 classes to teach this Friday, then off to Kentucky to shoot/work Blue Ridge 3 Gun match. I will get the stuff to you, but it will be just awhile. Thanks, I really think this can work!!! Appreciate your help, John

Wow John-

No need to be such a layabout! :rolleyes: No worries, do it when you can.

Please send some brass too, I don't have any in that flavor. If you want to send some loaded rounds I'll try it out in one of my guns before sending back. If there is a problem other than "it's never going to work" I may be able to diagnose and fix it.

• 1 month later...

Nice idea, but I'll pass. I want to be rich but not famous. Fame just makes you a target. We all know what happens to targets. :surprise:

I am quite content to anonymously shoot my Smith & Warren revos.

Edited by Toolguy

Has anyone tried to do this? If so what was the outcome. Was there a clear advantage. I have never herd of it being done. Some of us at the match, last weekend were talking about it, thought it might be a great gun. But can you load it to make major? Is the neck to short to hold larger bullets. Reloads must be super fast. Wada ya think??

Like others have said bottle neck rounds suck in revolvers as they tend not to work look at failed attemps like the 22 jet. Then why would you want to have less rounds. You can putmore.357 holes in a cylinder with more power than you can of .40 caliber holes that taper to .355.

Pat

I'd love to shoot and reload .357 Sig if it didn't require case trimming.

There's no way in hell I'd trim pistol brass - period...

You don't have to trim it. .357 sig brass does not grow like rifle rounds. I shot it for a number of years and reloaded for it and never had a case grow.

Pat

.357 SIG is not the difficult evil round most people try to make it out to be. My first used open gun was in .357 SIG. I used a lot of re-necked 40 brass for local matches. No issues. But, I was loading full cases of powder with stopped the setback issue.

While a .357 SIG Revo would be a lot of fun, I just don't see it buying anything and I could see issues with crimp. .357 SIG is hard to get crimped just right and you could possible experience bullets walking in the long forward part of the chambers.

But if Z wants to try it, more power to him!