Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-USA Model 712 Utility

To be honest the springs helped, but the shotgun performed and ran before we changed the spring. It was just a little ammo picky. If you ran the right shells it performed on par with anyone. Even my almost triple the cost SX3 was ammo picky until I had SRM seal the piston. Even broke a piston. So IMHO they all have their little problems and fixes. Doesn't matter what brand or cost. Always funny to see the worked over Benelli or FN jam and think how much cash they have invested.

gerritm

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would be nice to get nordic to make another run of the bolt handles. Could we start a pool or something to get a big order together?

I don't think any of the shotguns out there were designed to be run like machine guns. LOL I've been pleased with mine and I'm really bummed that my local club stopped hosting 3 gun and shotgun matches....and that I missed their last non-pistol match which was a shotgun only match. I really love shooting it. I used to dread shotgunning until I got the CZ.

It would be nice to get nordic to make another run of the bolt handles. Could we start a pool or something to get a big order together?

I don't think any of the shotguns out there were designed to be run like machine guns. LOL I've been pleased with mine and I'm really bummed that my local club stopped hosting 3 gun and shotgun matches....and that I missed their last non-pistol match which was a shotgun only match. I really love shooting it. I used to dread shotgunning until I got the CZ.

Plus 1 on the shotguns are not made to do what we do. Having shot trap and skeet you know it is 2 shots and move--2 shots and move, not very often that you shoot a 40 round hoser stage with buck and slugs mixed in.

We would buy a Nordic bolt if they got a run together.

gerritm

Guys I talked to Nordic today. They have an order in with the production side of Nordic for the CZ bolt handles. Not sure when they will be avaiable. I shot the AM side of Rockcastle with my CZ. All I can say is that I wish I shot as well as my shotgun.

Schultz

By doing that, I'd assume the nordic bolt is steel. Correct? I could find someone to do that pretty easily, but would rather have what is correct so I can keep my original.

I figured the nordic handles would be aluminum (screwed on to a metal piece that goes into the bolt) so they'd be lighter and not affect the momentum on the bolt.

Add another one to the list wanting a Nordic bolt handle. I also emailed Nordic regarding this and they said "keep an eye on the web page". Hopefully it is sooner than later.

I very recently purchased one of these shotguns after reading this thread and the hard work Ksmirk and others have done to make this economical shotgun run well for the game. Was looking (and waiting for cash) for a Mossberg JM 930 but after finding this thread, I knew this was the one for me. Nothing I have stays stock for long so this seems like a good fit, knowing with that a little work this thing will be a runner and eat most ammo.

Thanks to all who have made the info available and brought attention to this shotgun as a viable alternative. Can't wait to run it through the paces.

I forgot to post the pics but I've been running a 26" barrel with a +7 Nordic mag tube and it's been AWESOME! nothing wrong with the 20" barrel but the longer I shot the shotgun and the faster I was getting I found I would swing thru the targets grrr I don't like to miss so I salvaged up a 26" barrel and with the extra weight of the extra rounds I can get in the tube and the length of the barrel it seem to have been a good idea. I was a little upset as I thought with the +7 I should be able to get 12 in the mag tube but can only fit 11 but can only start with 8 but it sure has been nice to shove in another 3 after the buzzer!

Here's a pic with the 26" barrel the 20" has the RNT sticker on it.

cz001.jpg

Just because here's another CZ I did some playing with, a little 720 and oh what a pain! Nordic doesn't have a mag nut for this guy so it got one made. It's about to go up for sale as the folks that wanted it for thier wifes didn't purchase so if ya know anyone who needs a 20ga for 3-G with a youth stock have them give me a shout. It's for sure a freakin' blast to shoot! if it doesn't sale I'll be getting a big boy stock for it and have some fun. Here's a pic or two.

cz720003.jpg

cz720001.jpg

Later,

Kirk

Midwayusa has had the +4's in stock for the 712. The nordic follower too... ^_^

Guess I got lucky when I ordered last night. Sorry for the bum lead.

Edited by 805ebr

So I detail stripped/dis-assembled my shotgun last night and discovered... no rubber gas ring installed :huh:

I see mentioned that some have gone to the auto parts store for replacements. If anyone could share the specs of what is needed I would sure appreciate it.

I understand that CZ USA Customer Service is top notch, but it's sad not to be able to run this thing for lack of a two cent part.

I guess the other way to look at, is that while it is down I can cut, grind, paint and make it my own. ;)

Crap that sucks! I don't have the size written down but let me see if I can get some dimensions for ya, give me a day or two work has me busy. Just a thought you might call up CZ and ask what size it is IF they know? Later,

Kirk

Thanks for the offer Kirk but please dont sweat it. I talked to CZ cs today and while they didnt know the size they were happy to send me one. I can take some measurements when i get it to help out the next person.

I sent you a pm about your springs. I'd like to get a set and represent out here on the west coast. :lol:

Sent from my Kindle Fire running cyanogen(mod) and Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

This CZ might be the shotgun I am looking for. Anyone have any updates/tricks/new mods?

If those aftermarket bolt handles are still available, it is very tempting.

Edited by broox

• 3 weeks later...