Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-USA Model 712 Utility

.015" over the stock port size. I'm at work so don't take this to heart but I want to say it's .109 dia drill BUT measure your ports with pin gages and go the .015" over. Later,

Kirk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 712. I picked it up for under $400. I added the Nordic tube, Truglo Magnum Gobbler fiber optics sight set. They clamp on rock solid to the vent rib and are adjustab le. I tried a Briley extended choke that I had on my M1. I shot it for a while and noticed it kept working loose. I had a hard time getting it out because the threaded end was all messed up. I put the CZ modified back in and haven't had a problem. I cut about 1 1/4 off the buttstock, modified the grey insert and installed a limbsaver. The shorter stock made a huge difference on the feel of the gun and the soft pad was kinda nice too. I haven't drilled the ports or changed the springs. So far it shoots all the birdshot i've tried. Still working on slugs. I plan on opening up the load port and welding the lifter. Is there a trick to getting the bolt handle out? mine won't budge. Once I get it out, i'm going to modify it. So far a great gun and has gone from a backup/experiment gun, to maybe moving my trusty M1 to a backup role.

NC make sure the half moons on the bolt line up with the bolt handle. I had to use a pliers to get mine out. Also I I cut my bolt handle off and had a nordic handle welded on to the stub.

Schultz

Well I know all you fella's like the bolt handles so see what ya think, I happen to know where a few more are also :devil:

004-9.jpg

005-8.jpg

A buddy of mine has an on-line store go check it out as he has these in stock or was supposed to have them here in the next day or so, check him out he's a good dude! he's at makereadyproshop.com Later,

Kirk

Just for pictures boys and girls, I'll go back to the stock one BUT get with Tony he will hook you up as I happen to know he's the only one with them. So far this works rather well, the fit is really nice, the user friendlyness is a big plus and easy to operate. Later,

Kirk

Bolt handle got tested this weekend and as much as I hate to say it IT'S AWESOME! so go get'em before I decide to pick them up and build some shotguns ;-)

Fella's we have to get the word out about these little shotguns! have you seen the Mossberg thread? it's going crazy and why? we all know the CZ is a better shotgun so let's push this little sucker since there are a few of us that can make them run and just see if we can get some more of these out in the real world.

Ok guys of you that got the springs pass on the word of what you think if you would so some of the guys will know these shotguns can be made to run realitivly easy. Just a hint if you want to see more goodies for the CZ were gonna have to talk it up! would you dump your money into something that is not gonna sell? so let's talk about the good, bad, and what you'd like to see.

Me first, I'd like a 24" barrel and some ohter way to hold the buttstock on! that idea while will work it sucks if you want to shorten or lengthen the LOP and sorry that ATI stock is just ugly :-) Later,

Kirk

It is personal preference really. I used the Utility because it has synthetic stock and forearm. If you want a longer barrel or like wood, then use a Field model.

Kirk I really don't know why you would call the ATI stock ugly?!? Try one you might like it!!

Oh I just don't like the looks of it, nothing wrong with it at all but I'd like to see something to where you could actually cut the stock and fit to the shooter. The ATI stock works rather well! I'm that guy that really loves a beautiful wood stock all full of grains and character but I'd pass out tossing that into a drop barrel :-O

As for models go the utility is prety much the norm for the 3-gun crowd but mainly due to the fact we are pretty hard on our shotguns or at least I don't treat mine with kit gloves, my other shotguns well lets just say they would never make a trip to a 3-gun match.

I'd really like to see this little shotgun take off in the 3-gun world, it's just such a better choice than a couple others out there but without some support from the shooters I really doubt that CZ would put forth the effort and investment without some interest. Later,

Kirk

I'm supposed to be talking to a rep there if I can find time during the day to get with him, I was told I needed to contact them by another member here. If I can't figure something out with a conversation from him I'll just play hehe

The shotgun is a good one just no promotion about them being a good choice for 3-gun, Mossberg got Jerry to put his name on thier shotgun and that turd is selling like hotcakes but I know of several who have spoke to some folks at CZ that are pretty well names in 3-gun to have them promote the 712 but they have done nothing yet. There is not really much that needs to be done for an out of the box 3-gun shotgun! they have something that could really take off but why they are not running with it I have no idea. I guess I need to make the time and get with Dave this week and just see what we can come up with. I have a good idea I was going to put out there but gotta have some free time and a little free cash first. Later,

Kirk

Jesse let me see what I can do just happen to have one in the safe have a few more things to get then if you'll get a few beers together we can get together and you can have your way with it! Later,

Kirk

I would think my extensive list would include:

Nice big bolt handle (for my chubby digits)

ATI type stock (for my short LOP)

Smoothed loading port (for my soft hands)

22" barrel

Fiber front sight (so my old eyes can see it)

Some sort of adjustable rear sight, barrel mounted (so I might be able to hit something at distance)

What would be a target price? $700? retail available for $600ish? :devil:

two shoes get with Tony at www.makereadyproshop.com if you want a bolt handle, see the pic of mine above. I hated the big bolt handles but after this weekend I rather like it! he has all of them so call him up and get one before I get some idea to build a couple shotguns.

Maybe and I've heard that someone from CZ has noticed this thread let's just hope they figure out here soon that there are some folks out there that can make these run and not much has to be done! they have a product that with a few easy tweaks could become something pretty dang cool. Now if they will just check their e-mail. Later,

Kirk

Well had another awesome match this weekend and this time the CZ came out on top which it's about time LOL How's everyone else getting along with their little cheap shotguns? be good to hear how you guys are shooting.

Talked to CZ Friday and I really doubt I'm going to be helping much! seems they want a shotgun out their but want ideas given to them, you know how much crap I screwed up before I got things figured out and how much money I spent, sorry just can't give up ideas.

sschultz, it would be great to know Tom! and ya know a 24" barrel would be a very awesome thing to have in my hands ;-) the guy at CZ said they didn't have one that would work on a 712.

Let's get some chatter going about how those shotguns are working for you fella's some vids would be cool too. Later,

Kirk

I had to take a couple of matches off recently but will be shooting in a local match this next weekend. I'll let everyone know how it goes. So far most of the problems I endure in a match are not the shotgun's fault. Its the wobbly owner of the shotgun on reloads.

I'm tempted to buy one of the long barreled CZ's or Huglu's and get the barrel chopped to 22 or 24 depending on where the rib is. There's a guy that's been mentioned on the Mossburg 930 thread that chops and threads them for something like $60. He discretely offers his services on the shotgunner forum. Maybe if I have some cash left after my summer travels I'll do that and turn the wood stocked gun into a short barreled HD/RV gun.