Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1.25" belt?

bzt

here is my problem...

When I started a few months ago, I didnt ever think I would be in need of a belt. I orderd 2 holsters and 4 mag holders from Comp-Tac.. and I ordered them all in the 1.25" width because that's how big of a belt I had. The belt is too flimsy. It bends and twists when drawing. I need a better belt, but all my stuff fits 1.25"...

Hello: Comp-Tac make a real good belt in leather. I am wearing one right now :cheers: I am not sure they make one in 1.250" but I am sure they would make one for you. The belt is lined with a plastic piece that makes them very stable. I would get the belt the same size all around. Mine is a 1.5" tapered to 1" and is good but I will get the 1.5" straight belt next time. Thanks, Eric

If you're feeling brave with a heat gun, you could remold the clippymabobs to fit a 1.5" belt.

Looking at the mag pouches online, it appears as though you need to eliminate the 90° bend that holds 'em onto the belt and make that an extension of the back piece, then form the slideymajig (that makes it easy to slide down over a belt) into the catch for the belt by bending it ~135°. Dunno if it'd quite work out that way, but it might be worth a shot. *shrug*

If you're feeling brave with a heat gun, you could remold the clippymabobs to fit a 1.5" belt.

Looking at the mag pouches online, it appears as though you need to eliminate the 90° bend that holds 'em onto the belt and make that an extension of the back piece, then form the slideymajig (that makes it easy to slide down over a belt) into the catch for the belt by bending it ~135°. Dunno if it'd quite work out that way, but it might be worth a shot. *shrug*

I am so not that handy nor brave. But I do appreciate all the suggestions. It looks like Ill have to go with a nice leather belt instead of the double inner/out removable comp belt.

Hello: I would still call Comp-Tac to see if they can make you up a belt. There leather belt is as good as a CR Speed it just does not stick out as far. You may even ask them if they will modify your holster and holders. Doesn't hurt to ask. They are great to deal with :cheers: Thanks, Eric

My dealings with comp-tac have been good. why not just give them a call, tell them what happened, and ask if you can exchange the holsters for ones with large belt clips? Offer to pay a restocking fee or whatever and I'll bet they're receptive.

Ok I called Comp-Tac today. They said they could make a 1.25 belt, but it will cost me $100 :surprise: . $20 more than their regular belt. Is it worth almost twice the price of most of the other recommended belts in this thread?

Hello: I would still call Comp-Tac to see if they can make you up a belt. There leather belt is as good as a CR Speed it just does not stick out as far. You may even ask them if they will modify your holster and holders. Doesn't hurt to ask. They are great to deal with :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Ok I called Comp-Tac today. They said they could make a 1.25 belt, but it will cost me $100 :surprise: . $20 more than their regular belt. Is it worth almost twice the price of most of the other recommended belts in this thread?

Thats too much for a belt, IMHO. Just get a wilderness tactical 5 stitch.

If you're talking USPSA, I don't think so. If you're talking IDPA and concealed carry, then maybe it's worth it.....

For USPSA, I'd order a CR Speed belt set, a set of Kydex from Comp-Tac (unless you prefer another maker), and then I'd clean up the old gear, take some nice photos and post it in the Classifieds here or on e-bay.....

That'll still cost you some money -- but it will lessen the pain....

All the comptac holsters I have you can just change the loops or clips to suit any size belt you want. Comptac sells just the belt attachment parts. What model holster do you have ?

All the comptac holsters I have you can just change the loops or clips to suit any size belt you want. Comptac sells just the belt attachment parts. What model holster do you have ?

I checked mine and they are all one piece. The clip is part of the back just looped over and formed.

Hello: What gun game are you playing? If it is IDPA I would just get a Wilderness belt for $30-$40. If it is USPSA then you will need/want a CR Speed belt and more mag holders anyways. I have bought and sold alot of stuff until I have what works best for me. You may have to do the same thing. I have seperate setups for IDPA and USPSA. That way I have spares and have loaner stuff for others :cheers: I forgot to add I also have carry stuff as well. I guess what I am saying is buy the best you can afford. It will last a very long time. Thanks, Eric