Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rudy Project

EricW

I just sprung for a set of Rudy Project Kerosene's:

kerosene.gif

They're rather pricey - but not as outrageously expensive as Oakley's. However, the warranty and features rock. I even had a pleasant surprise on the way out of the store and discovered my glasses have a vent feature in front - PERFECT for skiing - which is why I wanted them. I also really like that my peripheral vision is unimpeded which was a major gripe I have other interchangeable lens glasses (i.e. Smiths). The lenses snap in *very* securely, unlike, say Smiths, which fall out as soon as they get cold.

Amazingly, Rudy actually expects your shades to last. The lenses have a lifetime no scratch guarantee. They even sell spare parts cheap and will sell you new frames if they break out of warranty. A pretty refreshing change of pace in the land of disposable everything.

Brian, if you don't start selling these suckers, I will.

Eric,

What was the tariff on your Kerosenes? I looked at a few mailorder places and they all seem to quote "list" prices (~$129). I checked E-bay and saw a few pair that sold in the $50 - $80 range new with the case. Pretty wide range of prices.

Leo

Wandering off topic here, how come we don't create a BE Team where you pay yearly dues and get great deals on products. I know BE already has great deals with some companies.

When I was actively participating in collegiate cycling, our team had quite a number of deals from manufactures. The team is currently sponsored by Rudy Project. They are getting glasses at or below wholesale cost. They are for personal use only, so you can't buy a bunch and sell them to your friends. The riders that went to collegiate national championships each got a pair for free. So why not start a BE Team and ask Rudy Project for sponsorship?

L9x25,

My shades were $129 + $35 for a set of yellow lenses. I paid full boat for the shades, but the bike shop cut prices on acccessories. I searched the 'net etailers high and low for better prices but didn't find any that made waiting worthwhile. I'm actually glad I went to the particular bike shop I did to get mine because I would have bought the Rydons when the Kerosenes fit better and had the vent feature. The guy at the shop dropped everything and patiently waited for me to fuss for half an hour.

I guess I could have found a cheaper place, but I'd rather give the extra dime to the guys who keep spare parts on hand. That, and I'm sick of all the time it takes to manage bids on Ebay.

===================

Personally, I like Brian's current sales model where you get great prices and service no matter who you are.

I have had my Kerosene Golf's with Rx insert for a year now and love them. The most comfortable pair of glasses I have ever owned. Since I have worn glasses for 37 years now, that is saying something.

Jim Shanahan had the best prices going when I was looking for mine and since he supports the sport whereas the local bike shop is generally full of anti-gun types (at least around these parts) I went with Jim. My eye doc was so impressed with my Rudy's that he was going to try and set up as a dealer for them which would be cool. He is also pro-gun.

I bought a pair of Rydons in Australia with the rx insert and they are awesome. The Rydons seemed to have a bit better coverage in the corners of the eyes for me. One of the best shooting accessories is a good set of glasses IMHO.

Got my new pair of Freeon (Golf version which has the vents and extra dark lense included) for xmas and they do Rock for sure. Fit perfectly and the red lense is fantastic for sporting clays and also works great on the pistol range. They are so light and comfortable you forget you have them on.

Gorilla is correct, my wife got them from theeyedoctor.com...they do seem to be the best price even with the shipping.

Dog

They're awesome glasses! I love my Kerosenes. They vent feature is really nice too. They may be a little more cash than some other shooting glasses, but you can use them as "all-purpose" sunglasses.

I bid for mine on e-bay, but was lucky enough to bid and walk away the winner, without doing the "last second way over price bid".

They have been a good investment for me.

Ray C.

I just got the Rudy Project Freeon Golf Frame Matte Black/Racing Red Lens+Smoke Black Lens Set.

Having been an Oakly owner for years, I didn't think I'd ever switch but I really like the look and feel of these Freeons.

If I'm still feeling the same a few months from now, I might be converted :unsure:

Kevin

• 2 months later...

[Progress Report]

It's been over two months, and I'm still very, very happy with the Rudys. The living hell that that is known as "ski goggles" is a distant memory. The scratched up POS Gargoyles I used to use for shooting are goners.

The Rudys rock.

• 1 month later...

Its great to see more and more shooters wearing the Rudy Projects, its been a long time coming... lots of advertising and sponsoring major matches as well as preaching the benefits.

Its a daily battle with RP when it comes to support in the Firearms Industry. As the only firearms industry rep for Rudy Project, I get zero dollars for advertising from RP while biking, golfing and skiing reps get lots of promotional support in the respective industries.

Even the LE and Military discount I offer is a cut on my end and not from RP. RP saw a 300% increase in sales following the first showing at SHOT, and I only have 3 exclusive dealers within our shooting community.

It would help my efforts to get RP to do more within our sport and the shooting sports as a whole if I could collect pictures and testimonials from shooters and then frontload the head office with them on a regular basis.

With only 3 dealers in the industry and spread across the country its hard to capture all of the internal to our industry sales, and keep the numbers up where RP likes to see them and to a point where I can get them to work with us more when it comes to sponsorship and advertising.

Some mentioned interest in open a Rudy Project account, I will gladly send dealer information about opening a RP account. Others mentioned RP sponsorship, its been around from APS for the last 3 years, and direct from RP even longer, but only one requires a contract and puts legally binding requirements on the recipient.

ST Action Pro

Speed Shooters International

and my company are all dealers that support our sport.

If your interested in opening an account contact me, if you want to send pictures and or testimonials contact me, if you have questions or need technical assistance contact me. Anything that has to do with RP glasses I will gladly answer all that I can and try to steer you in the right direction.

NOTE: Be careful with the EBAY glasses, they might in fact be real Rudy Project glasses... but if they don't come from a RP dealer they are not covered by the lens replacement guaranty and they don't come with the 3 year frame warranty.

If the glasses are being sold at below suggested retail they are either old frames and lenses, or they are not being sold by Rudy Project North America dealers and again you are at risk of not having the replacement lens coverage or the frame warranty.

• 11 months later...
I'd always read that Rudy's have lieftime lens waranties... is that true?

On the site it seems to say 2 years...

I got a pair of the ketyums from Jim. The lens do have a lifetime warranty for scratches. The frames have a 3 year warranty IIRC.