Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Formula 1

Jman

Wish Schumacher had stayed retired. I agree with David Hobbs, he has nothing to gain and everything to loose. Wishing him well but I hope Ferrari's finish 1-2 all year. ;)

Jim

I'm looking forward to the races after all the other teams have time to incorporate the air inlet to stall the rear wing. That should move McLaren down at least 4 more places.

+1

that was a clever bit of engineering though. im sure the boyz in maranello already have a design to test.

I'm looking forward to the races after all the other teams have time to incorporate the air inlet to stall the rear wing. That should move McLaren down at least 4 more places.

You know after I look at the MC wing I'm not really sure that it "stalls" it. I think a stall is when a wing looses lift (or down force depending on direction). It looks like it fills in the turbulent drag area behind the wing and reduces drag by filling in the vacuum area with air.

But I thought the race was a little boring due to the fact that they could not push very hard with a full fuel load. Maybe it will get better as the season moves on. and they learn how to manage the tires better.

Scott

I am still in the wait and see mode.

Dont like that they took out refuling and shortened some races.

I agree. One of the aspects I loved about F1 was the strategy that Brawn, Briatore and Dennis would use. Taking the pit stops (and crew) out of the equation makes for a boring race.

When you have finished watching the F1, I have some grass that is growing, you all could come over and watch that.

Put pit stops in, put nasty big fat soft sticky tyres on all 4 corners and go for it. Make the tyres wear out and let them go flat out, the best team will be the one who manages the fuel and the tyres.

I think they have taken all the balls out of the sport.

• 3 weeks later...

Did not see the Malaysian race yet. It's on my DVR. Should I keep it or delete it? smile.gif

Just finished watching it on my DVR. It's the most passing I've seen in F1 in a long time. The big hitters starting at the back made for some decent racing. I think it's worth watching.

Did not see the Malaysian race yet. It's on my DVR. Should I keep it or delete it? smile.gif

Just finished watching it on my DVR. It's the most passing I've seen in F1 in a long time. The big hitters starting at the back made for some decent racing. I think it's worth watching.

Agreed! Very exciting race and lots o wheel to wheel racing! :cheers:

I was looking forwards to seeing a "USA" team this year.

but the last I've heard is they did not finish the enginering of the car in time & then lost their major sponsor.

they were hoping for a 2011 run but they just let go of all of their employees. . . . no US team for the forseeable future.

I dont envy the team princpals or F1 trying to keep costs down so they can field 10-13 teams all year, have the races be compeditive AND interesting to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything that most people liked about the first races was all due to rain. You can't count on anything when it rains and it's a big roll of the dice for everyone. Hamilton has the skill and a good enough car that he's the man when it's wet. When the rain stops we are in for some major snooze fests. I can't remember the last time I stayed awake for an entire Monaco GP. Closed street circuits in F1 are the worst; Monaco, Valencia and Singapore should all go away. There is a difference between these and Australia which is a good street circuit.

As much as I hate to admit it the Aussie GP was brilliant. Other street races in these cars are like watching a turd dry out.

What they should do is run a 56lap race around Bathhurst with the F1 cars, that would be unbelievable.

I still stand by my sticky tyres and small fuel tanks.

• 3 weeks later...